1973 memorabilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from 73 but I had one of these back in the day

Logon or register to see this image

I had a mate who had that anarl. Weren't even Sunderland fans neither.

Just been looking in my cupboard at some of my Grandads old stuff and came across this.

Was my Grandads and he gave it to me before he died 4 years ago. Got me thinking, anyone else got any memorabilia from 73? Would be good to see what people have collected or had passed down from our most famous day in our history.

Class that like.

Not '73, but I've got this little cup from our Centenary that I'm quite fond of...

Spotted it years ago at a car boot sale I was dragged to by me Mam and made her get me it.

Last edited:

can honestly tell you from the bottom of my heart that is not my account and would never sell it.

EDIT - it does look quite a coincidence i'll give you that but can only think someone else has the same plate.

Last edited:
On closer inspection it seems the one on eBay isn't in quite as good condition as yours - the 'AFC' is a bit worn. Apologies....and pleased to hear it

Aye seen that. I'd like to think my soul is worth more then £24.99 aswell. Don't worry bud mine is in my kitchen behind the one glass cupboard I have with the light shining on it now.

When I was a kid I was given an autograph book which had all the 73 team in along with loads of other old safc players (Carter, Guerney, Clough, etc.) unfortunatley being a little shit of a kid I decided to go over them all in scribbly pen.:(

Ive got a football my nana won in a raffle signed by the whole team. Unfortunately the ink has faded that much its hard to recognise any of the names now. Bit gutted really.

I have that plate marra, pride of place on the wall ;)

Incedently I checked out it's value (not that I would ever sell any of my Sunderland stuff) a couple of year back and IMSC it was around £100.

I've just had these made up of me Dad's 73' semi and final tickets and programmes, although the signed pictures and tickets are my additions. These are not the best pics from the framers though. I'll take some better ones once I get them home this weekend

I have one similar to this of the cup run...yours are much better ,I think I just put mine together after a few beers one day :)

Last edited:
I have almost every newspaper from the following day, the local papers in the build-up and aftermath (week before to week after ish) & the football echo from the night of the match

I never realised 'til now that our tops the following season had the '1973 cup winners' embroidery under the SAFC, just as the retro tops do. I just thought it was a commemorative thing.

When I was a kid I was given an autograph book which had all the 73 team in along with loads of other old safc players (Carter, Guerney, Clough, etc.) unfortunatley being a little shit of a kid I decided to go over them all in scribbly pen.:(
:lol: You git tit.

I've just had these made up of me Dad's 73' semi and final tickets and programmes, although the signed pictures and tickets are my additions. These are not the best pics from the framers though. I'll take some better ones once I get them home this weekend

Class them marra.

can honestly tell you from the bottom of my heart that is not my account and would never sell it.

EDIT - it does look quite a coincidence i'll give you that but can only think someone else has the same plate.
:lol: Fuckin' is anarl mind.

I might try and buy the hower.

He must have had big trees
He had the big house next to East Herrington primary school, you could walk past the front of the house and through his front window you could see the a big black and white framed photo of him scoring the goal on his back wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back