1990's rave bands live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone go and see any of the decent rave /techno type acts from this era?

Utah Saints, The Prodigy, Fluke, Moby, Dreadzone, Leftfield, Chemical Brothers some class gigs.

Never got to see the Shamen or Sunscreem.

Is there any similar modern producers you would reccomend?

Ive seen Prodigy and Chemical Brothers a few times, thought they were both excellent. I've seen Chem Bros DJ a few times as well which was good.

The C in Mr C stood for Colin as that is his real name.

Went to see The Shamen at The City Hall in the Boro at the time loads of us on MDMA. We were late, got in and heard some music then it finished so we fucked off to Havana. We were baffled why all the rest of the Havana lot were not piling in then about an hour or so later suddenly people came flocking in as the mini bus lot of us were the only one's jumping all owa on the floor. We then found out we had just heard the sound check and missed the live performance.:lol:

Went to see The Shamen at The City Hall in the Boro at the time loads of us on MDMA. We were late, got in and heard some music then it finished so we fucked off to Havana. We were baffled why all the rest of the Havana lot were not piling in then about an hour or so later suddenly people came flocking in as the mini bus lot of us were the only one's jumping all owa on the floor. We then found out we had just heard the sound check and missed the live performance.:lol:

haha iconic rave moments!

Ive seen Prodigy and Chemical Brothers a few times, thought they were both excellent. I've seen Chem Bros DJ a few times as well which was good.

I preferred the early chemical bros stuff, electrobank, life is sweet, some amazing tunes

No such place in the small Yorkshire town.

Away to see The Prodigy in Cork in July. Only a bairn relatively speaking so never got to see them in their pomp.

Would love to see Chemical Brothers.

Used to love a good rave....although my best live performance come at Reading festival in 2000. Just wandering round to get my bearings and went in a tent to find Utah Saints on. Danced like fuck for the whole set and they were fantastic

Just really unexpected to see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Chemical Brothers set from the Sunderland Big Weekend. Also an Orbital live set from the Boiler Room that I was listening to recently. The Orbital one in particular is excellent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back