1990's rave bands live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone go and see any of the decent rave /techno type acts from this era?

Utah Saints, The Prodigy, Fluke, Moby, Dreadzone, Leftfield, Chemical Brothers some class gigs.

Never got to see the Shamen or Sunscreem.

Is there any similar modern producers you would reccomend?

Saw 'em last Friday... excellant, though I wouldn't exactly class 'em as rave/techno, mind.
Saw Orbital at a festival a couple of years back.... nowt special.

Used to love a good rave....although my best live performance come at Reading festival in 2000. Just wandering round to get my bearings and went in a tent to find Utah Saints on. Danced like fuck for the whole set and they were fantastic

Just really unexpected to see them.

i have that lie recording of their rework of what can you do for me, and funky music, power to the beats, Rock, class.

GUTTED i idnt go there.

Their long lost album "wired world" is pretty good, as is the official 2nd album "two", but other than an ill-fated collaberation with the lost prophets singer on "getting better" and a class bootleg of "epic" by fiath no more, they just DJ now no new tunes :-(

loved techno when it is "live" to some extent, rather than two blokes in helmets playing tunes.

Apollo 440 used to be a cracking band until they employed the naff whiteboy rapper.

Saw 'em last Friday... excellant, though I wouldn't exactly class 'em as rave/techno, mind.
Saw Orbital at a festival a couple of years back.... nowt special.

ahh man, where were they??

Followed them for over 20 years mate... new double album out soon too - Merv's still tearing it up!

I'll give that a listen when it comes out, Munk... cheers.

Last time I caught 'em was a DJ set with Ed from Ozrics a few years back... very good despite getting spiked that night, :evil:

never heard anything from them strangely!
will youtube them later.

finitribe, fluke, were good too.

Eat Static - Crash & Burn - decent new(ish) album, as is Back To Earth for a more downtempo feel.

Aye Fluke released a shit-ton of great stuff!
Electric Guitar
Atom Bomb

Didn't know as much about finitribe - worth picking up on them again I reckon!

I'll give that a listen when it comes out, Munk... cheers.

Last time I caught 'em was a DJ set with Ed from Ozrics a few years back... very good despite getting spiked that night, :evil:

Nasty... he's been putting up loads of mixes recently - not sure what they're like though, but safer listening from the comfort of yer own headphones I guess ;)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eat+static+crazy+shit

Last edited:
Eat Static - Crash & Burn - decent new(ish) album, as is Back To Earth for a more downtempo feel.

Aye Fluke released a shit-ton of great stuff!
Electric Guitar
Atom Bomb

Didn't know as much about finitribe - worth picking up on them again I reckon!

Nasty... he's been putting up loads of mixes recently - not sure what they're like though, but safer listening from the comfort of yer own headphones I guess ;)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eat static crazy shit

Flukes side projects 2 bit pie, and syntax also good albums.

Seeing Farley Jackmaster Funk with Darryl Pandy on the Arena stage was class. On singing 'Love Can't Turn Around' Darryl Pandy got about 15 lasses from the crowd to stand on stage with him. Watching this big black fellow with a head fatter than an Elephants foot lying on the floor bellowing his lungs out surrounded by a circle of screaming lasses looking down on him was truly a fantastic performance indeed.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back