1990's rave bands live

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the Chemical Brothers set from the Sunderland Big Weekend. Also an Orbital live set from the Boiler Room that I was listening to recently. The Orbital one in particular is excellent:

bloody hell. A couple of blokes with torches on their heads playing computer games:lol:
Actually I`ve seen The Prodigy and The Shamen.

Underworld late 90's in Tilburg, Holland. Good gig but sometimes it sounds like they're playing a C.D. whilst pretending to press buttons.

I'd absolutely love to see chemical brothers and prodigy, well I'd have wanted to see them back In the days.

The Chemical Brothers sets are pretty much now what they have always been with some technological advances - they might have been around for a long time but they emerged fairly late in terms of the rave/dance scene. Like most producers today they started off as two ravers themselves and got into the music business. I wouldn't exactly call them Old Skool as such.

There will be plenty of videos on YouTube no doubt showing their sets with their light shows and visuals. Of course there is nothing like being there in person.

Would have loved to have seen these in the early 90's
From about 4:30 on here

I have seen Orbital and the Prodigy but both were quite recent. Orbital when they got back together 3-4 years ago and Prodigy when they released there last album. Both were class like.

I have seen Orbital and the Prodigy but both were quite recent. Orbital when they got back together 3-4 years ago and Prodigy when they released there last album. Both were class like.

I remember a few years ago now when Phil Hartnoll's new venture with Nick Smith - Long Range - they were advertised as playing in Independant in the town but it never happened for whatever reason. Not long after they called it a day and Phil reformed Orbital with his brother.

Long Range were a similar electronica outfit to Orbital and made one album 'Madness and Me' - it is worth checking out -this track in particular is good:

I saw Leftfield at the Mayfair when they were touring Leftism. It is the loudest gig I have ever been to.
Well jel :cool:

I remember the Prodigy used to get voted best live act of the year for a few years running. I would love to see them as they know how to put on a performance.:)
I remember the prodigy when they offered to play at my mates rave for free. ( before they were famous)

I've got trashed with Keith :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back