2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunderland clarion.If you do FB they have a group page.I've just started doing club rides with them with a view to joining the club.I'm in the same position as you.They seem a friendly bunch.They do Sat and Sun club rides,and also early morning rides.

Edit.This post is for taylost3.

F**ked the quote up.

Cheers mate do you just turn up and have a go before you decide to join? Is it all roadbikes I have a hybrid at the minute so would go on that if others do.

Because it's a club run, it's meant to be a social thing. You ride to a cafe, have a coffee and ride back. If you want to train, go on the training/chaingang rides?

Yes mate I live in Sunderland. I presume all levels take part as like i say i'm a beginner.
Yeah, you'll be fine.

http://app.strava.com/activities/164830513

That's the last one I Strava'd, think you'd be OK with that?

Im not a cake fan but the ride sounds ideal and about my level so Ill pop along Saturday anyone from here going?
This Saturday is a bit different. The club is hosting a race up at Hetton, so most will be going to that. Best bet is to join the facebook group or forum for info.

Yeah, you'll be fine.

http://app.strava.com/activities/164830513

That's the last one I Strava'd, think you'd be OK with that?

This Saturday is a bit different. The club is hosting a race up at Hetton, so most will be going to that. Best bet is to join the facebook group or forum for info.

I see I'll probably avoid this weekend then and go the following Saturday. I just followed you on strava mate only just started using it. Most I've done is 20 odd mile but i didn't struggle so I think i should be able to cope with that.

Im not a cake fan but the ride sounds ideal and about my level so Ill pop along Saturday anyone from here going?

Bacon sarnies all round last saturday,in Ch/le/st high st.Lovely they were too.I was the anchor last week.Am thinking about it this week.

Am in the process of joining the club.If i can get my fred flinstone printer working,my application will be in the post.

I've just realised there is a whole area of cycling of which I am completely ignorant... Chamois Cream.

Who uses it, which brand and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back