2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he reckons it might be close - he says it is not renowned as a fast track, and they are just doing it there cos it was available. I'm pretty sure he'll do it though. Then like you say Wiggo or Martin will smash it next year

I think he reckons it might be close - he says it is not renowned as a fast track, and they are just doing it there cos it was available. I'm pretty sure he'll do it though. Then like you say Wiggo or Martin will smash it next year

off to yoga later( trying to get my back sorted) so not sure if I'll see it live ?
What time's it start ?

I'm scared one will take my job. she's very good.

At what ? Or shouldn't I ask
clear.png

Starting now on Eurosport 1. Ridiculous to rush home from London when I'd been invited out for a drink in order to watch a bloke ride round a track on his own for an hour. But I'm really excited. :D:D

Think there'll be attempts on The Hour by lots of big riders, including Spartacus, Wiggo and the Panzerwagen, over the next 12-18 months until someone does something that everyone feels is impregnable. It'll probably be Tony Martin that will be that man.

Starting now on Eurosport 1. Ridiculous to rush home from London when I'd been invited out for a drink in order to watch a bloke ride round a track on his own for an hour. But I'm really excited. :D:D

Think there'll be attempts on The Hour by lots of big riders, including Spartacus, Wiggo and the Panzerwagen, over the next 12-18 months until someone does something that everyone feels is impregnable. It'll probably be Tony Martin that will be that man.

Haway then guesses ...50.3 for me

Haway then guesses ...50.3 for me

I think he'll surprise everyone and come up just a bit short and do 49.6kms. :cry::cry:

I'm a S'land fan so I'm automatically pessimistic when supporting anyone!

Adrenaline pumping too much at the moment? Gone off too fast......?

Last edited:
Didn't realise how long Merckx 1hr record had stood for prior to Boardman taking it...
Boardman said that if he hadn't been forced to wear a helmet & if he had worn a leather cap like Merckx he reckoned he would have covered another 500m
Logon or register to see this image

Voigt was riding a 55x14 gear. I just worked it out - that's a 103.3" gear in real money. So at his 51km/hr average speed that means a cadence of 103. Just thought you would like to know.

Last edited:
Boardman said that if he hadn't been forced to wear a helmet & if he had worn a leather cap like Merckx he reckoned he would have covered another 500m
Logon or register to see this image

Voigt was riding a 55x14 gear. I just worked it out - that's a 103.3" gear in real money. So at his 51km/hr average speed that means a cadence of 103. Just thought you would like to know.
I love that bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back