2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

First one didnt look bad til I saw the elevation! 1700 m? Pass
That's about normal for 100k ride isn't it? It is a great route/ride like.

Remember theres a huge difference in riding a racer in a group on roads to been out on say a mountain bike, especially if you're on trails.
I did it this year on my 35lb Disc Trucker with 2.0 tyres. Was defnitely interesting.

I liked the bit where I got overtaken by an old fella on an even heavier bike complete with pannier bags up that climb out of Wolsingham mind.

Remember theres a huge difference in riding a racer in a group on roads to been out on say a mountain bike, especially if you're on trails.
this, I thought my mountain bike was light and fast but after getting a road bike it now feels like riding on sand. didn't realise riding in slip stream would make a difference either

this, I thought my mountain bike was light and fast but after getting a road bike it now feels like riding on sand. didn't realise riding in slip stream would make a difference either

A mate asked me to do the c2c in a day on mountain bikes and using as many of the offroad parts as possible.
I was fit at the time aswell but that was a challenge.

That's about normal for 100k ride isn't it? It is a great route/ride like.

I did it this year on my 35lb Disc Trucker with 2.0 tyres. Was defnitely interesting.

I liked the bit where I got overtaken by an old fella on an even heavier bike complete with pannier bags up that climb out of Wolsingham mind.
My longest ever ride was over 100 miles and about 4200ft, so not in my book, no.

Been up Hamsterley on the MTB today and decided to go on a trail hunt, ended up going up an absolute bitch of a climb on the side of the forest that not many ride on and this bloke caught me on the climb, turned out he had snapped his frame behind the rear shock and yet he was still smashing the hills without a care in the world!

World Champs on at the minute. The commentary is bloody awful.

I've got a couple of quid on Boonen and Kwiatkowski. Lot of people going for Swift.

@monkeytassle - clear your inbox when you get a chance please ;)

The last couple of laps should ramp right up. It's an interesting course; it's suited to no one really, which should mean an exciting finish.

Whats the SMBs thoughts on these then? - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-mt500-overshoes/rp-prod80217

Just bought a pair to replace my shredded, SPD-SL specific Rapha ones. :cool:

You are kidding ? :eek:
f***ing hell man they're canny ugly

Like to see swift win..was going to back him but odds came down too much.
Very hard to guess. ..maybe kiatowski (sp)

And Phil liggett ffs :rolleyes:

Sat on bilbao metro with bike. Ride cut short due to tubeless tyre problem. They're great most of the time but when they go wrong they aren't repairable on the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back