2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm in two minds whether to renew or not because of something. Just weighing up options at the minute.

Oh I'm intrigued....do tell ;)
Tell you a nice club...darlo
Bit of a hike but cracking lads and strong club ethos etc

Not forgetting cestria. .again some good lads

@Cee Jay How do you ride TTs if you're not part of a club? (IIRC, you're not?)

Sorry to eavesdrop,but you dont need a club to ride club TT's.I did three on the Derwentside cc course last year as a guest.Also,and i'm not 100% certain of this,but you can now do individual registration to qualify to ride the official Northumberland and Durham TT circuit.I think previously you needed to be in an affiliated club.

Cestria are top of the pile at the minute, I think.

To get a team CTT affiliated, it costs £30 BTW. Not fancy riding for SMBCC? :lol:

Cestria are top of the pile at the minute, I think.

To get a team CTT affiliated, it costs £30 BTW. Not fancy riding for SMBCC? :lol:

Ride for anyone me mate..usually join VTTA as only about 12 quid for me and the wife...and nee club rules etc or club runs.
Also can wear what I want skinsuit wise without being frowned upon for not wearing club colours.

Penrith any good for yer.Sunday 23rd.
Recovering/returning from Leicester

£10 to join SMBCC.

Club rules are there are no rules apart from half of any prize money goes to the club.

Strava mate of mine was involved in setting Aycliffe Velo up, then fell out with them a bit?
CeeJay is Darlo that good? I'm still not sure whether I fancy a club, and see the SMB cycling thread and my Strava mates as enough.

Club coffers wouldn't be swelled by my winnings. ..half of nowt and all that. :oops:
SMB is classed as a club on Strava

Last edited:
Recovering/returning from Leicester

Strava mate of mine was involved in setting Aycliffe Velo up, then fell out with them a bit?
CeeJay is Darlo that good? I'm still not sure whether I fancy a club, and see the SMB cycling thread and my Strava mates as enough.

SMB is classed as a club on Strava

Biggish club and with some very good riders but far from elitist. .
Some sound blokes..and odd woman.

Out in majorca last easter same time as me and a big boozy but fun trip.
Plus the club 10 I like...
Could do worse than darlo if thinking of joining a club..
I'm not on commission btw;)

Biggish club and with some very good riders but far from elitist. .
Some sound blokes..and odd woman.

Out in majorca last easter same time as me and a big boozy but fun trip.
Plus the club 10 I like...
Could do worse than darlo if thinking of joining a club..
I'm not on commission btw;)

Still not sure I want to join a club. Is the Scorton 10 on Strava? I did the W bound section yesterday and couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back