2015 Cycling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been out doing fifty miles and its been the best weather I've had for it all year. Sure enough, me and my mate get a puncture each for the first time in months. May need to lie down til about Tuesday now. Adding on to the route so it goes via Ryal was not the best plan. Although I did have a cracking pint of golden sheep at Corbridge.

Me and @Oswald Ballbag just got back from week in majorca cycling..
Slightly different problem
clear.png

Temp well into 30 s....

f***ing fantastic
clear.png

We'd rather not hear what the two of you got up to together, no wonder you were hot and bothered

many, many thanks to the absolutely stunning lass who was in front of me (riding out of her saddle) for half of my ride home tonight... i just couldn't seem to get my speed up to overtake her no matter how hard i tried.

sorry no pics.

Aldi selling Garmin 500 for £80 on Thursday bike specials ..very very cheap that :eek:

Also some supposed "pro type" clobber for those scratters who wear their stuff

WHOOSH !

Worlds TT on now, Coppel has smashed it but Kiriyenka going faster out on course, Martin not so much.:eek: Looks like a mechanical may have cost Dennis victory as well

How long should a chain and cassette last? I've done about 2,500 miles on mine and the shop says they both need replacing (and possibly the crank). Bloody expensive business this cycling malarky.

How long should a chain and cassette last? I've done about 2,500 miles on mine and the shop says they both need replacing (and possibly the crank). Bloody expensive business this cycling malarky.

Depends...but certainly a chain and probably cassette after that many miles.
Sure I read it's something like 3 chains to one cassette and 3 cassettes to crankset....obviously a very rough guide.
Depends on cleaning and how you ride etc

not that expensive tho depending on what you're replacing

have decided to sort out my mtb (have had it 8 years) so time for a new chain, probably a new cassette and possibly a new crankset - not that much in the grand scheme of things

not that expensive tho depending on what you're replacing

have decided to sort out my mtb (have had it 8 years) so time for a new chain, probably a new cassette and possibly a new crankset - not that much in the grand scheme of things

I've been checking online and I'm going to buy the gear so I can do all my repairs myself. I used to fix my own cars many years ago so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll start by replacing the chain today and see if it's still slipping. If it is I'll change the cassette and finally the crankset (if needed). I never realised how much work went into owning a f***ing bike!:lol:

New chain on. Riding like a dream :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back