2nd Lowest Goals Scored This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly pathetic. I'm hoping that Short is rolling the dice and its telling him that we will limp over the finish line without going down and he can give Poyet the bullet in the summer. Nothing else is acceptable.
yep your whining is..........get a job please and leave us alone again...........

class signing ;)

Maybe, but with how little he's played, he still up there with the regulars with a whopping 3 goals....there's nothing that says we'll score goals in the next 4 games besides blind faith and hope....I guess we got em right where we want em!

Just been looking at the least goals to stay up, got back to the 2006/2007 season and a team stayed up with 29 goals.
The current champions.
Amazing what a rich Arab does for you.

I remember that, went months without scoring a home goal, awarded a penalty in the Manc derby and they missed that anarl :lol:

probably the best 2 squads of the bottom 7 , person that manages maybe the problem

Villa played well against West Brom the other night. It was the type of performance we'd be happy with here.....fully committed and going for the win. IF they turn up at the SOL in the same frame of mind and we turn up as we have recently we'll get beat imo.

Utterly pathetic. I'm hoping that Short is rolling the dice and its telling him that we will limp over the finish line without going down and he can give Poyet the bullet in the summer. Nothing else is acceptable.
OR he does what West Ham's owners did and brought in an attacking coach (and gave the manager funds to buy players with attacking talent). This constant changing of managers every 18 months isn't helping our long term development

We've got two of the most negative managers in the league, Lambert is gone now so they might score more.

Only other manager I've noticed as negative as Gus is Van Gaal, somehow has more back passes to the keeper than even us!

probably the best 2 squads of the bottom 7 , person that manages maybe the problem

You say that, but if we look at Villa, they have replaced Lambert (considered negative etc) with Tim Sherwood (Considered very attacking, almost caution to the wind, we'll outscore you type stuff) and the goals havent exactly been flying in...

I suspect it would be the same here. Its not the system, its the players who play the system or the "managers philosophy"...

You say that, but if we look at Villa, they have replaced Lambert (considered negative etc) with Tim Sherwood (Considered very attacking, almost caution to the wind, we'll outscore you type stuff) and the goals havent exactly been flying in...

I suspect it would be the same here. Its not the system, its the players who play the system or the "managers philosophy"...
They outscored wba In his 3rd game and gained 2 points on us in the process it will be a major shock to the system if we Win a game with this clown setting us up

We've got two of the most negative managers in the league, Lambert is gone now so they might score more.

Only other manager I've noticed as negative as Gus is Van Gaal, somehow has more back passes to the keeper than even us!

yet they are 4th top scorers...

its almost as if they just have players capable of sticking the ball in the net, despite "negative" tactics or philosophies...

yet they are 4th top scorers...

its almost as if they just have players capable of sticking the ball in the net, despite "negative" tactics or philosophies...

They have a world class team is the big difference, LVG is still a very negative manager.

They have a world class team is the big difference, LVG is still a very negative manager.

That's my point though, they are 4th top scorers because they have good players, we're 2nd bottom due to our players too.

Good players score and set up goals, poor players dont. We have too many poor players.

"negative tactics" arent that important, when compared to player quality, as shown by the fact that LVG is negative and outscores our team, Sherwood is attacking and (I know its only 3 games) Villa still dont score many...

But people will continue to blame "Gus's negativity"...

Aston Villa - 15
Sunderland - 23
Leicester - 24
Burnley - 25

I don't recall seeing a post on this recently. Exalted company isn't it? Some will reply that it's because our strikers are crap, but all of them scored well enough before coming to the club. That being the case, I'm glad to hear that Poyet will be sticking to his tactics.

There is very little to choose between the bottom seven or eight teams in terms of goals scored. Also, whether you like it or not, our squad is poor and our striking options are generally shite. Get used to it - it's life in the bottom half of the Premier League and it won't change until the squad is dramatically improved, regardless of who the manager is.

The Southampton game and the City games skew things. 15 goals conceded in those 3 games. Otherwise we've been pretty solid.

Actually - we've otherwise been quite spectacular. If we'd lost all three of those games 3-0, we'd have the best defensive record outside the top six. The Southampton result was a complete one-off, freak incident and it has, as you rightly say, completely skewed things.

speaks volumes that Johnson & Fletcher are our topscorers with 4 each after 28 games....

Aye - we have shit players.

Last edited:
That's my point though, they are 4th top scorers because they have good players, we're 2nd bottom due to our players too.

Good players score and set up goals, poor players dont. We have too many poor players.

"negative tactics" arent that important, when compared to player quality, as shown by the fact that LVG is negative and outscores our team, Sherwood is attacking and (I know its only 3 games) Villa still dont score many...

But people will continue to blame "Gus's negativity"...

Gus signs, shit players though, he's only got himself to blame, what does he expect out of championship standard players?

Gus signs, shit players though, he's only got himself to blame, what does he expect out of championship standard players?
Anybody know how much Gus has spent in this 3 transfer windows?

Its not just Gus "in charge" of transfers, clearly there are restrictions on finances (understandably) and clearly Congerton has a role to play too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back