63rd minute tmro

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolie

Midfield
should be a round of applause at all sporting events tomorrow and over the rest of the weekend IMO

some people like cricket and some people don't but no matter what people's opinion on that nobody deserves to lose their life let alone in the sporting arena

should be a round of applause at all sporting events tomorrow and over the rest of the weekend IMO

some people like cricket and some people don't but no matter what people's opinion on that nobody deserves to lose their life let alone in the sporting arena
good idea

We should clap on 19 and 73 minutes every match imo.

Maybe just clap all the way through just to be safe? Would improve the atmosphere like.

Why? It's tragic but it has nothing to do with football, we're going to end up clapping something every single week if we keep doing things like this.

Heartless ****.

Why? It's tragic but it has nothing to do with football, we're going to end up clapping something every single week if we keep doing things like this.
Kind of go along with this. tragic as it is. Shit happens somewhere every minute of every day.

This - every single minute of every single game

1 person dead - 1 minute
He had 2 eyes - 2 minutes
He had 3 siblings - 3 minutes
His squad number was 4 - 4 minutes
He scored 5 goals in training last week - 5 minutes
He had 6 toes on one foot - 6 minutes
Etc. etc. etc.

I blame Diana - her death made this country full of professional grievers

Should get a few bites

I am as cold as ice with these things, primarily for the reason that it is done so willy nilly that it negates the impact or genuine tribute which might be afforded to somebody who has been taken before their time.

This Hughes incident has certainly resonated with me, I was genuinely gutted yesterday for the lad and apart from the obvious, that fact it occurred while playing sport seems to have struck a chord.

I don't like people being told what to do in these situations but any form of tribute would be heartwarming even for a cynic like me.

Exactly, tragic though the death of Phil Hughes was, do we have to have a public showing of sympathy every time there is a high profile tragedy?
Ordinary fans and people die in tragic circumstances every day that God sends, should we *celebrate* these too or are they not as deserving?

Cricket events and those sports involving Australia should mark the occasion.

There are so many of these now it cheapens the times we really need to show respect

Agree.

What happens if you score or the opposition scores either?

Minute's silence / applause before the game is fine but during the game I'm not sure.

I remember when they were only once or twice a season.

Remember one vs West Ham (mebbes 92 5th round) at Roker and the whole stadium went from being jumping with excitement then on the ref's whistle absolutely dead silent. Only sound was the flagpole on the Clockstand clanking.

Then the ref's whistle again and the place explodes with sound.

Aye, minute's silences ain't what they used to be......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back