80's cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to remember the name of a cartoon might have been late 70s early 80s. If memory serves it used to on a Saturday morning (between 7.00 & 8.00 I think) about this family that would shrink down with a weird yellow car and I think used to explore the microverse. Memory is very fuzzy about the rest, but does anybody else remember it.

Two questions:

1 - Did Ulysses ever make it back to Earth?
2 - Did the kids in Dungeons and Dragons ever make it home?

When I watched the DVD Boxset, there was a DVD extra explaining, there was a planned Dungeons & Dragons TV mini movie planned to finish the series showing the kids making it back home. Unfortunately the series was cancelled before they could do it. The Boxset contains unfinished production notes & animation of the planned finale, looks like it might have been good if they hadn't cancelled it.

Loved dungeons and dragons, and Ulyses 31 seemed really dark.

Mysterious Cities of Gold and Dogtanion seemed to go on for ever

Loved watching Dungeon & Dragons, Thundercats, Ulysses 31, BOTP, etc

Have to admit I have the Boxset of Thundercats, Transformers and Dungeons & Dragons :oops:

Think the late 70s and 1980s was the golden age of cartoons. Sometimes when I am bored I look at the Disney XD and Cartoon Networks and completely baffles me what kids watch today. Although I do admit that my guilty pleasure on a Saturday morning is watching Marvel's Avengers Assemble and Superior Spider-Man :lol:

Transformers and Thundercats have been rebooted and on kids TV. They are miles better than the 80s efforts.

80s was the era of pathetic product tie ins.

Loved dungeons and dragons, and Ulyses 31 seemed really dark.

Mysterious Cities of Gold and Dogtanion
seemed to go on for ever

Three of the better 80s cartoons. non-American.

80's and 90's cartoons were mint. Have loads downloaded and me bairn watches them more than she does watching shite on CBBC or CITV today.

Trying to remember the name of a cartoon might have been late 70s early 80s. If memory serves it used to on a Saturday morning (between 7.00 & 8.00 I think) about this family that would shrink down with a weird yellow car and I think used to explore the microverse. Memory is very fuzzy about the rest, but does anybody else remember it.

Wow this took some searching out!

It was called "Micro Ventures" and the series synopsis says...

"In each episode, Professor Carter and his two teenage kids, Mike and Jill, use a shrinking machine to shrink themselves and their dune buggy to miniature size to explore and experience the world from the perspective of an insect."

Was shown as part of the Banana Splitz cartoon segments.

Wow this took some searching out!

It was called "Micro Ventures" and the series synopsis says...

"In each episode, Professor Carter and his two teenage kids, Mike and Jill, use a shrinking machine to shrink themselves and their dune buggy to miniature size to explore and experience the world from the perspective of an insect."

Was shown as part of the Banana Splitz cartoon segments.

Smart arse!

Forgot it was shown during the Banana Spltz (got the urge to run round the living singing their theme tune.... Tra, la, la, la, laaa)

Can't believe there has never been a film of M.A.S.K.

Hell of a chance of a movie franchise there with Matt Trakker and his team against Miles Venom!!!

Can't believe there has never been a film of M.A.S.K.

Hell of a chance of a movie franchise there with Matt Trakker and his team against Miles Venom!!!

Give them time, bound to happen eventually! I mean if they can do GI Joe, Transformers, TMNT etc

Law of averages they'll do a live action M.A.S.K or Thundercats eventually.

Anyone remember a french cartoon.
'Once upon a time ... life'
Was set inside the human body. !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back