A derby to be proud of

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

The reason it's in Newcastle this time round is it's before the SJP derby. If all goes well there'll be a return leg in Sunderland in April 2015.

This time 12 months ago we were really close to a "bubble" match being pushed through against fans' wishes - it was SAFC & NUFC fans' groups working together in meetings like this who helped stop that happening.

Thankfully, the bubble was narrowly-avoided but given there's been more cooperation between both sides of the divide than ever before in the past year, it seems a good time to strike while the iron's hot and prove to the authorities that fans can work together on initiatives which seek to oppose violence. We hope this event will help prove that point to those powers and the local media.

Fans are rightly quick to cry foul when the media portray us in an unfair light, or the police treat everyone as criminals thanks to a few numpties, but unless we do things to combat those perceptions, they won't change. We appreciate the event won't appeal to everyone, but it's been set-up with the aim of improving things for both sets of fans, particularly away fans, on derby day.

I quite enjoy dodging Lambrini bottles tbh

The coppers are trying to use the MH17 thing to pacify everyone. No doubt whoever is lifted will be accused of blighting the memory of the two fans. Fact is they were NUFC fans and their hatred of SAFC would of been mutual.

I'm not denying any of that?
i know. my point was that these would be the lines that were trotted out on here had the article you posted been involving NUFC fans chucking bottles and the like at the police after a derby defeat rather than SAFC fans.

The coppers are trying to use the MH17 thing to pacify everyone. No doubt whoever is lifted will be accused of blighting the memory of the two fans. Fact is they were NUFC fans and their hatred of SAFC would of been mutual.

Can already see the headline of the Chronicle on Monday morning:

'Football yobs tarnish memory of MH17 victims'

There was a fair bit of aggro inside the ground that day in fairness. After the second or third a big group in the SWC rushed to the bottom to try and get into the South Stand and spent the remainder of the match down there with a police line in front of them, the tannoy announcer even made an announcement asking all supporters in the SWC of the ground to return to their seats. Group of Mags in a box above the NWC got attacked as well, don't know what people in the home areas expect if they provoke people.

I dont even get the link.

It was a tragedy but nowt to do with football really (i know they were going to watch newcastle). Its not as if there was a clash between the two sets of fans and as a result someone died.

Anyone know if the person stabbed in Washington the other day was a mackem? Perhaps the mags could do a minutes appaluse for that before kick off?

There was a fair bit of aggro inside the ground that day in fairness. After the second or third a big group in the SWC rushed to the bottom to try and get into the South Stand and spent the remainder of the match down there with a police line in front of them, the tannoy announcer even made an announcement asking all supporters in the SWC of the ground to return to their seats. Group of Mags in a box above the NWC got attacked as well, don't know what people in the home areas expect if they provoke people.

I thought it was going to properly go off that day inside the ground.

Last edited:
Aye I do but I want to now what the crack was and why the fuck anyone would come up with the idea.

Im guesing someone at northumbria police thought that whilst we are walking to the ground it would be nice for the mags on both sides to warmly applaud us.

The person who thought this was a viable idea had probably just learned how to snort coke up his japseye whilst injecting heroin into his eyeballs and was also considering a viable way to cycle to the moon to meet Elvis

I have managed to attain high ground with a 360 vista and a clear view of the Bridge Hotel.
I have a high powered rifle with telescopic sights with auto ginge detection and I also have a large bowl of soup to keep me going.
Lauder be warned, stay away....

Im guesing someone at northumbria police thought that whilst we are walking to the ground it would be nice for the mags on both sides to warmly applaud us.

The person who thought this was a viable idea had probably just learned how to snort coke up his japseye whilst injecting heroin into his eyeballs and was also considering a viable way to cycle to the moon to meet Elvis
Lad in the pub who used to supply bouncers to local pubs was on about the derby and when he was suggesting the supporters of both sides should meet to discuss how to improve safety.

He knows nowt about football and suggested they would need a large neutral venue and suggested Boros home ground...............:lol:

When did I ever say the police don't want to sanitise the derby? I think you've missed the point entirely.

That was a list proposed by the police. Supporters, from both sides, pointed out to them that this wasn't feasible. It isn't going to happen.

The logic behind the FSF event is to prove the point that all football supporters are not animals and the vast majority get along just fine, day to day, regardless of rivalry.

I would also suggest that it was idiotic to leak that paper, whoever did it. It doesn't help matters and having attended a previous police meeting I was lead to believe the information shared was meant to be kept private. The paper isn't even relevant any more, but people are kicking off about it.

The way to get around these 'draconian measures' is by being reasonable and have discussions with the people you oppose. Creating a divisive 'us and them' mentality helps nothing.

Fighting a losing battle? Is there a bubble trip this year? I must have missed that.

how on earth can these measures be put in place if the information is kept private?? Are we supposed to guess what the police want from us?? :lol:

When Northumbria Police pull their heads out of the clouds then they stand a fighting chance of fixing any issues. At the moment, they're in cloud cuckoo land.

I dont even get the link.

It was a tragedy but nowt to do with football really (i know they were going to watch newcastle). Its not as if there was a clash between the two sets of fans and as a result someone died.

Anyone know if the person stabbed in Washington the other day was a mackem? Perhaps the mags could do a minutes appaluse for that before kick off?

I thought it was going to properly go off that day inside the ground.

My ST seat back then was just 7 seats from the segregation in that little strip of the SWC/South Stand and after we collapsed in the second half there was hods of coins flying over my head into the Mags end.

My ST seat back then was just 7 seats from the segregation in that little strip of the SWC/South Stand and after we collapsed in the second half there was hods of coins flying over my head into the Mags end.

Some bloke stood on the aisle and was just firing coin after coin after coin. Then going back to his pocket to reload and off he'd go again. Meanwhile loads of meat heads were fighting like fuck to get into the away end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back