A few in the door before the USA tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeruzziWatch

So the lads are heading off to the USA next week, Tuesday is our first game, so you'd imagine the players will be flying over on the Sunday maybe. Congers will be keen to wrap up a few deals before then. I fully expect us to sign Lombaerts and Lens by then. Maybe even another. Can't imagine Dick will want to head off without tying up a few deals. Here's hoping.

So the lads are heading off to the USA next week, Tuesday is our first game, so you'd imagine the players will be flying over on the Sunday maybe. Congers will be keen to wrap up a few deals before then. I fully expect us to sign Lombaerts and Lens by then. Maybe even another. Can't imagine Dick will want to head off without tying up a few deals. Here's hoping.
We will sign neither.

In a perfect world yes and I would imagine the club have tried to make inroads sooner rather than later but we aren't in a position to expect these deals to be accepted straight away or players to jump at the chance to join us.

Only a few clubs will have that power as players will be more willing to join them.

We have a couple of big issues, we want to get the best deals we can to ensure we have funds to buy players in other positions so every deal will either have weeks of to-ing and fro-ing then further time whilst the players and agents sound out other clubs that may be able to offer a better deal. It's just the way of the world and we need to accept it.

Although it does seem like the club have a figure and a few targets, they are making their case and if there is hesitation they are simply moving on to other targets. We were stung badly with the Borini saga last season so this approach makes sense.

coates and mathews

In a perfect world yes and I would imagine the club have tried to make inroads sooner rather than later but we aren't in a position to expect these deals to be accepted straight away or players to jump at the chance to join us.

Only a few clubs will have that power as players will be more willing to join them.

We have a couple of big issues, we want to get the best deals we can to ensure we have funds to buy players in other positions so every deal will either have weeks of to-ing and fro-ing then further time whilst the players and agents sound out other clubs that may be able to offer a better deal. It's just the way of the world and we need to accept it.

Although it does seem like the club have a figure and a few targets, they are making their case and if there is hesitation they are simply moving on to other targets. We were stung badly with the Borini saga last season so this approach makes sense.
I just have a feeling that the USA tour will influence the timing of some of the business we do. If we can wrap up some deals before Sunday then that would mean the new signing can join the squad for the trip. If we can't get a deal quick enough then I can see talks being postponed until the squad is back in England again. It would be strange for us to sign a player the day after they've all headed off to America. It wouldn't be ideal for us or the player.

Somebody has probably correctly pointed out that will be no movement in regards to any new signings flying out - getting a VISA quickly will prove difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back