A massive thank you from Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having a bar is a new thing?
These days you would expect it to be exclusive to home fans. The Pub on thr retail park was rammed. The supporters club had loads of staff on a good atmosphere and was cheaper. I suppose it was quite a new thing because I've never been in a bar built within the ground before entering the match.

These days you would expect it to be exclusive to home fans. The Pub on thr retail park was rammed. The supporters club had loads of staff on a good atmosphere and was cheaper. I suppose it was quite a new thing because I've never been in a bar built within the ground before entering the match.

Black cats Bar and the other ferka in the main stand?

You need to be a home supporter and have a match ticket to get in.

Aye, suppose we when build the fan zone might be better, just not sure our climate lends itself to too much open air drinking and / or there will be some premier mobs trying to take the piss

Felt sorry for the Doncaster fans last night. To me, their ground seems to be another generic soulless new build put in the middle of nowhere with a brewster bear's or whatever that family pub was as the only viable close by drinking location.

We take for granted just how good we have it up here.

The worst one I've experienced is Brighton. It's a train journey or 20 min car drive in any direction from civilisation.

Felt sorry for the Doncaster fans last night. To me, their ground seems to be another generic soulless new build put in the middle of nowhere with a brewster bear's or whatever that family pub was as the only viable close by drinking location.

The worst one I've experienced is Brighton. It's a train journey or 20 min car drive in any direction from civilisation.

The SoL has architectural character? The brickwork on the West Stand is OK but the rest is 'generic new build'. The saving grace is that there's plenty of pubs around and it's not in the middle of nowhere (albeit near the Nirvana of Suddick).

The SoL has architectural character? The brickwork on the West Stand is OK but the rest is 'generic new build'. The saving grace is that there's plenty of pubs around and it's not in the middle of nowhere (albeit near the Nirvana of Suddick).

Doncaster's stadium is just a small part of the retail park though. One minute you're browsing M&S and walking past Greggs, next minute you're outside your turnstile. Soulless. The Town Centre's a dump mind so it's no surprise they opted to build a retail park & football stadium elsewhere.

Fair play to the liaison officer on here. I also noticed another two liaison officers outside the ground too which is a rarity. Only complaint - one of the lasses in our group had her deodorant confiscated at the turnstile. We were stopping overnight & she'd taken it in her handbag. Pretty unreasonable of the steward I thought. That slight issue aside, the stewards in the main were extremely pleasant! Happy to let us go put our flags on the seats etc and I seen 2 or 3 stewards joining in with the "terrace" banter from one bloke without getting arsey because he was enjoying himself.

The bar inside the ground is a good idea. Not often we've got seats and a table directly outside our turnstile for pints and a bit bait before KO.

Good trip all in all.

.... Only complaint - one of the lasses in our group had her deodorant confiscated at the turnstile. We were stopping overnight & she'd taken it in her handbag. Pretty unreasonable of the steward I thought. That slight issue aside, the stewards in the main were extremely pleasant! ....

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the fans who made the trip to Doncaster tonight! It was fantastic support from the Sunderland fans and was great to see so many fans.

Also a personal thank you from myself to all the people who came to say hello and for a chat it was a pleasure to meet you all!

If anyone has any feedback on your trip to the Keepmoat then please get in touch.

Again thank you to all who travelled and I hope you had a safe journey home.

Kind regards
Deano

Is it true that only about 200 yorkies turned up for the match? If so, hang your head mate

TBF apart from the size the SOL isn't exactly a building of great architectural beauty. Also the old ground was almost the exact same distance away from the town centre, though I suppose you did have the benefit of the racecourse being opposite and a couple of pubs on the way down Bennethorpe. The town centre if you know the way is only a 20 minute walk, there's also other pubs within less walking distance, obviously though away fans aren't going to know that and as such is situated in and around some crappy industrial/retail buildings, just like the SOL....

Doncaster's stadium is just a small part of the retail park though. One minute you're browsing M&S and walking past Greggs, next minute you're outside your turnstile. Soulless. The Town Centre's a dump mind so it's no surprise they opted to build a retail park & football stadium elsewhere.

Fair play to the liaison officer on here. I also noticed another two liaison officers outside the ground too which is a rarity. Only complaint - one of the lasses in our group had her deodorant confiscated at the turnstile. We were stopping overnight & she'd taken it in her handbag. Pretty unreasonable of the steward I thought. That slight issue aside, the stewards in the main were extremely pleasant! Happy to let us go put our flags on the seats etc and I seen 2 or 3 stewards joining in with the "terrace" banter from one bloke without getting arsey because he was enjoying himself.

The bar inside the ground is a good idea. Not often we've got seats and a table directly outside our turnstile for pints and a bit bait before KO.

Good trip all in all.

Harsh, I live down here, from Durham and it's certainly no worse than Sunderland, with more green and open spaces. It's simply a typical Northern town. The ground, well it depends how you approach it - it's also on the Lakeside, if you approach it from Bawtry Road you have the Racecourse and Golf Club, as well as Bennetthorpe (if coming from Town) which is actually quite nice, and the walk to it from town isn't much more of a walk than crossing Wearmouth Bridge towards the SOL from the City Centre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back