A1(M) Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class wasn't it

Took about an hour to go about 800 yards down the road

we left on 84 mins, got away lovely, took about 30 minutes up to wetherby thinking i'd be home for about 11. bastard!!! didn't get back until 11.55pm

Wouldn't mind but Google Maps didn't mention it, and I didn't see any warnings from the club that the road closure was in place.

Can't see a thread about this. Was I the only one caught out by it? They closed it from Junctions 46-47 and diverted us bumper to bumper through country roads. Didn't get home till 1am :evil:.
All to do with the illegal immigrants at Calais apparently - operation stack on the A1 !!

I don't have any plans on travelling to away games but if I did decided to have an experience of an away game and had my heart set on what would be my first ever away game and doing what would be for me something new and adventurous, it would obviously be somewhere like Doncaster or York City. It clearly won't be any time before the A1 improvements finish but for arguments sake I did decide to go, what is happening exactly? I don't know the exact details and what is happening in each section, but generally I know they are obviously widening both lanes and the speed is down to about 40 or 50 mph and in some places closed altogether. But what plans are in place for drivers to avoid this stretch of the motorway? What are drivers being instructed to do?

Would of thought there would of been some advance warning by the club's media outlets . It would of gave people a chance to maybe look at an alternative route

Can't see a thread about this. Was I the only one caught out by it? They closed it from Junctions 46-47 and diverted us bumper to bumper through country roads. Didn't get home till 1am :evil:.
same here, 1am for me as well. Thought the bloody diversion would never end!

Aye I was going back to Nottingham so i actually go the country road, nice bit of road when you lot aren't all blocking it up ;)

We came off at the junction with everyone and took a right at the top of the bank and had a nice bomb through a few villages in the pitch black. home about 12.20

We came off at the junction with everyone and took a right at the top of the bank and had a nice bomb through a few villages in the pitch black. home about 12.20

Exactly this. Saw all the sheep queuing to follow the diversion with a left turn at the top of the slip so turned right against the flow. 10 mins later came back onto the A1 at Junction 47.
Amazing what you can do with a sat nav and a dare to be different attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back