AC/DC to quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Story here.

AC/DC are ending their 41 year career on a terribly sad note.

Plans were underway for a new studio album, their first since 2008's monumental Black Ice, and a '40th Anniversary' world tour, 40 huge shows across the globe.

About 3 weeks ago, founding member, rhythm guitarist, co-producer and co-songwriter Malcolm Young had a stroke, which left a blood clot on his brain.
:cry: :cry:

Hope he gets well.

Know not a lot of peoples cuppa tea, if not stay out the thread. Rumours been circulating for a while now that an up and coming tour backed by a new album, 40 dates was to be scheduled, the number of years they have been together. Looks increasingly likely now that this is not going to happen. More rumours been going around for a while especially with comments from Brian Johnson that one of the band members is seriously ill, and he did say he wouldnt name who it was out of courtesy to him has now finally been leaked.
Apparently Mal, THE founder member of AC/DC has a suffered a stroke which has left a blood clot on his brain and is unable to play the guitar to the level he used to.
Sad news this, one of THE best bands I have seen live. Pure entertainment and good old rock and roll. Never disappointed me on any of the times I have seen them, and as a band, some of the most approachable lads you could spend a few hours with.
Lets hope he has a speedy recovery

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/rip-acdc-1973-2014.html?m=1

It is being reported that Malcolm Young has had a stroke and the band are to call it quits due to the seriousness of his condition....

:-(

Apologies if SEB.

Thats what my post was about RM

They've apparently booked 6 weeks recording in a studio in Vancouver sometime this year, whether this still goes ahead remains to be seen. Mal and Angus are still in their 50s, Johnson in his 60s, so still had a few years left. Angus isn't as nimble as he used to be but the plus side his live playing was almost flawless

Thats what my post was about RM

They've apparently booked 6 weeks recording in a studio in Vancouver sometime this year, whether this still goes ahead remains to be seen. Mal and Angus are still in their 50s, Johnson in his 60s, so still had a few years left. Angus isn't as nimble as he used to be but the plus side his live playing was almost flawless
Malcolm's 61.

This has made my day.
Hopefully their followers will quit wearing denim waistcoats and schoolboy caps too.

Edit: Having read the article I didn't realise one of them is possibly very ill.
Never seen a fan wearing a schoolboy cap mind mini. :lol: I think the idea of Angus wearing it was that it was 'fun'.

Last edited:
Via the ACDC site:
After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.

His cousin Steve, who is his double and was in a band that supported them on the 1981 tour has filled in for him before when he went to rehab to dry out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back