Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He flits in and out with nice touches but did he -
1) go past a full back?
2) get any crosses in?
3) have any shots?

Went past three opponents at one point, or was that someone else? I didn't have me specs on.

Anyway, unless he's misbehaving off the field, it's criminal the way he's being treat at the moment and in my view this is probably all about getting shot of another high earner.

Went past three opponents at one point, or was that someone else? I didn't have me specs on.

Anyway, unless he's misbehaving off the field, it's criminal the way he's being treat at the moment and in my view this is probably all about getting shot of another high earner.

It does seem a familiar pattern of a manager trying to force a player out without speaking. i fully expect him to leave in January.

For all Johnsonau not be having the best time of it on the pitch, Replacing him with Buckley is not the answer

I had high hopes for AJ today, against a limited Arsenal defence. Apart from one or two flicks in the first half he did nothing else, very disappointing from him.

Need to stick with your best players in form or not, its a simple tactic that all the top clubs do, eventually the players come good. I like AJ, needs to start every game for me

What quality we did show came from him. We get the ball to him all to infrequently and generally in criminal places. Factor in the manager takes the huff with him because he can't run with the ball from his own 18 yard box and score or create a goal and we have a problem.

Poyet set up not to lose again today, again.

Surely, you don't mean the times when he got the ball close to the touchline, often on the half way line and showed good close control, turned a few times and beat his man (which Gibbs resulted to a cynical foul for at one point to get a yellow card) yet when he looked up most often he was met with very very limited passes????

That is clearly the fault of Johnson. :)

It does seem a familiar pattern of a manager trying to force a player out without speaking. i fully expect him to leave in January.

For all Johnsonau not be having the best time of it on the pitch, Replacing him with Buckley is not the answer

Johnson is a class above him, no question about that for me.

Despite his talent, either always subbed early or on the bench these days

Deservedly so?
Gets hung out to dry in our team. Everyone else's instinct is to play the ball backwards or sideways and then stand still. It'd be really tough for any player to make an impact when they want to move forwards & nobody makes themselves available

He went around in a circle beating 3 players to retain the ball but did not go PAST them into an advanced position.

Doesn't Buckley need the same sort of service then? he plays the same position on the opposite side, shouldnt the same apply to him?
What point are you making tho ?
Buckley was useless today , was our least effective player v stoke and yet he gets 90 mins , even on a good day , and he is yet to have one for us , buckley isn't fit to lace johnsons boots man !

Unless fitness is a problem start him and leave him on the pitch until the end. Probably the only member of our squad who can create something from nothing, even when playing poorly.

Unless fitness is a problem start him and leave him on the pitch until the end. Probably the only member of our squad who can create something from nothing, even when playing poorly.

Didn't look to be any fitness issues today. In fact I would say he's looking as fit as he's ever been since signing

Couldn't believe he went off while Buckley stayed on, and just to add insult to injury he was subbed off for Altidore ffs. Whatever you think about Johnson it's got to be worth keeping him on the pitch instead of bringing that useless lump on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back