Adam Jonhson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birtleyoldman

Central Defender
Does anyone else think that the stick he received last night had an affect on his game. My worry is even if found not guilty the abuse wont stop. Hopefully it was just a poor night, but it must be hard to ignore it.

Does anyone else think that the stick he received last night had an affect on his game. My worry is even if found not guilty the abuse wont stop. Hopefully it was just a poor night, but it must be hard to ignore it.
If he's found not guilty and we (rightly) play him, most sets of fans will boo him for the first 5 mins then not give a shit, except for Newcastle

Not at all, he got very little stick, certainly a lot less than he got at many games last season where he played well

Would abuse from the opposing fans not drive Johnstone to play harder and stick one in the back of the net to silence them?

Would abuse from the opposing fans not drive Johnstone to play harder and stick one in the back of the net to silence them?
Depends if he has nonced a 15 year old. If he hasn't done it then probably yeah. If he has then I would think any abuse would effect him

you on about last night? He got fuckin loads.

Not from where I was stood he didn't. They only had about 4,000 there for a start. Heard them sing the one song that every fucker has been singing to him and he got a few "waaaaayyyy"s when booting the ball over the bar but nowt else that I could hear, no sustained booing when on the ball or anything, no new songs to abuse him with, no one seemingly trying to threaten him or anything. Just a run of the mill appearance and less hostile than his away premier league games last season. Again that's just my take on it though, maybe you heard different

think there wider issue here was he was daft enough to put himself in the position in the first place...
innocent or not he'll get this for the rest of his career so he may as well get used to it.... naive to think anything else

look at peter shilton and the 'Tina' chants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back