Adam Jonhson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope whoever the striker is we're after can play on the right side of an attacking three as well as I imagine it'll be unlikely we'll know the outcome of this until after the deadline.

I hope whoever the striker is we're after can play on the right side of an attacking three as well as I imagine it'll be unlikely we'll know the outcome of this until after the deadline.
Class

While on the subject of AJ, do Sunderland think he will be found not guilty as Dick has him in the squad. Shirley we should be trying someone else incase the worst should happen.

Thoughts?

Does anyone else think that the stick he received last night had an affect on his game. My worry is even if found not guilty the abuse wont stop. Hopefully it was just a poor night, but it must be hard to ignore it.
The abuse will not end whether he's guilty or not.

I suspect given he's featured heavily in pre-season he's confident enough to have the club believe he'll be a free man for next season.

I'm sure he'll be better than to be bothered by a group of grown blokes prepare nursery rhyme style songs about him

Have the club not already done this? Lens plays in the exact same position as Johnson, wide left or right.

Did the club buy Lens with Johnson's case in mind?
Possibly, but you can't play them in the same team if one of them is doing porridge!

If he's found not guilty and we (rightly) play him, most sets of fans will boo him for the first 5 mins then not give a shit, except for Newcastle

Seem to forget mr cisse, who incidently i saw in kingston park tesco last night, mentioned this to my uncle who reckons he was in there buying his wife some new school clothes :lol::lol:

Have the club not already done this? Lens plays in the exact same position as Johnson, wide left or right.

Did the club buy Lens with Johnson's case in mind?
I don't see how that makes any sense whatsoever. Two players for two positions surely?

I don't see how that makes any sense whatsoever. Two players for two positions surely?

It makes sense because in an ideal world we can have Johnson and Lens left and right of a central striker and, should the case go the other way, we can use Lens instead of Johnson on the right side of the 3 and persist with Defoe or Wickham to the left, with the other one (or Fletcher) in the middle. Covers us either way, not saying that's what the club have done but it makes sense

It makes sense because in an ideal world we can have Johnson and Lens left and right of a central striker and, should the case go the other way, we can use Lens instead of Johnson I the right side of the 3 and persist with Defoe or Wickham to the left, with the other one (or Fletcher) in the middle. Covers us either way, not saying that's what the club have done but it makes sense
I just meant I don't think Lens will have been signed for that reason. He was signed to fill the gaping hole on the left. If Johnson goes down the club will have to replace him. We can't afford to have another season with Wickham or Defoe out left imo.

I just meant I don't think Lens will have been signed for that reason. He was signed to fill the gaping hole on the left. If Johnson goes down the club will have to replace him. We can't afford to have another season with Wickham or Defoe out left imo.

But with the trial not starting till late August there's every chance that we won't have time to replace him if he is found guilty because that might not happen till the deadline has passed. Bearing that in mind it makes sense to ensure that, if not guilty, him and a new player can play in an improved side and, if guilty, the player we got can cover for him until January when we can replace him.

But with the trial not starting till late August there's every chance that we won't have time to replace him if he is found guilty because that might not happen till the deadline has passed. Bearing that in mind it makes sense to ensure that, if not guilty, him and a new player can play in an improved side and, if guilty, the player we got can cover for him until January when we can replace him.
I think there'll be a potential loan lined up somewhere or at least sounded out just in case the worst does happen. Definitely don't think Lens was signed with this in mind. He was desperately needed regardless, that's all I'm saying.

Look at it a different way,

If Johnson goes to prison between August 24th/30th, do you think we'll go out and buy a £10m left winger to replace him before deadline day

I bet we won't.

Look at it a different way,

If Johnson goes to prison between August 24th/30th, do you think we'll go out and buy a £10m left winger to replace him before deadline day

I bet we won't.
No, but that still doesn't mean Lens was the replacement. Just means the replacement we get in isn't quite as good as Johnson.
Of course we won't, it'll be a loan player coming in.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back