Advocates appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken for the bloke. Clearly his last gig in management and he achieved legendary status for keeping us up against the odds last season only for the players to massively let him down this season

He didn't deserve the treatment and the exit he has had. I've said it before he should have went at the end of the season and we should have laid some groundwork with a long term manager to turn this mess around.

Sadly instead we need another mid season firefighter who is all about the short term rather than someone who will be here long term to build

What a mess

Thanks Dick. Thought you brought with you an air of respectability to our club, true gentleman.

Have a happy and long retirement.

An honourable man and outstanding manager who deserves a more fitting end to a wonderful career in football.

Thank you Dick;you are a gentleman-enjoy a long and happy retirement,you'll always be welcome here.

Reactions: Boo
Thanks for last seasons escape. It's been tough this campaign and I blame the nacker's who you work with especially the one's who are there to supply player's and give you support in carrying out your duties. Fucker's the lot of them!

By stepping down, he has demonstrated he's a man of honour, like most of us already knew.
I'm very sorry it didn't work out, I'll remember him fondly, and there's few ex-managers I can say that about.
I wish him and his wife the very best for his retirement.

Says everything about the guy that he didn't hold out for compensation. I'm sure the decision is as much about his own welfare as ours but none the less it's a breath of fresh air to have someone hold their hands up and say it needs someone else. Should be given a great welcome if he comes back to visit the club in better times.

Felt he couldn't do it, didn't try to continue when he knew he'd done all he could. Didn't take compensation and didn't have a Pearson style meltdown.

As much as things went to pot over the course of this season, he'll surely be fondly remembered for saving us when once again everything looked lost.

And crying, he'll be remembered for crying.

Soz if Seb, but noticed him well up again on MOTD when it showed him after we went 2-0 up.

True gent Dick, Hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement with your missus.

Thanks for your efforts.

He was supposedly visibly upset when leaving the ground yesterday as well. For someone not known for showing their emotions, it appears as if Sunderland has turned him into an emotional wreck.

Thanks for the memories Dick, go and enjoy your retirement.

Thanks for at least trying to improve us by binning Bridcutt, Buckley, Seb, Vergini etc.

He knew exactly how poor our players were, unfortunately he was let down in the summer and was given replacements that weren't any better

I always thought it was foolish of Dick to stay in the job. But I'm glad that he has managed to leave with his integrity - and his relegation record - intact. I think that Dicky Eggnog will always be loved by the fans and that's a remarkable thing, in the dire circumstances.

Thanks for keeping us up last season,you're a gentleman and hope you have a lovely retirement with your dear wife.
The best footballing manager we have had in donkeys years... I for one will never forget the Arsenal game and how to park properly . Dick, thanks very much i wont forget you. Its been a pleasure to know that you really wanted to do it for us only to be railroaded by cretins elsewhere..

Thanks for all you have done for us Dick. Go enjoy your retirement with no regrets. You'll still be fondly remembered in these parts.

Good man. Walked instead of waiting for the money. Did a great job last year. First manager that leaves in a while on good terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back