AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench. No way he gets into the team infront of Lens, Borini, Defoe IMO.

Absolute nonsense, Johnson walks in the team man

After seeing how much Toivenan put himself about last week and how inept and anonymous Rodwell was, you would really pick Rodwell in front of him?

Increyable.

You can't judge Toivenan off 45 minites of football, you have absolutely no idea how good he will be

Ideal to come on late in games when we need something different, as he was used at Man City. Workrate, pace and movement all across the front line now and hopefully it'll encourage him to raise his game to get back in.

You can't judge Toivenan off 45 minites of football, you have absolutely no idea how good he will be

Yet you've judged far more players as not good enough on similar amounts of time. Usually the ones who could replace the lads you've defended through thin and even thinner.

Still think Dick might fancy Fletcher or Graham upfront mind: will be interesting to see who plays where against Spurs. Unless Borini is going to play up top and Lens and Defoe on the wings?

Excited to see Johnson play in a team with good attacking options alongside him instead of seeing him as the sole creator in a slow and stagnating forward line. He could shine.

Remember Defoe was used as an impact sub regularly for Spurs during his last two seasons ...start with AJ and bring on Defoe for any of the front 3, enjoy the fact we can bring on a decent player, and remember we have the two young lads to back the front line up as well.:D

He's been awful but not sure what he's got to do with it

He's got everything to do with it. Read back through the thread. My entire argument is that I would rather play Toivenan than Rodwell and just have one defensive midfielder and Toivenan sitting in the huge gap we always have between our three DM's and our forward line.

As for Johnson it'll be good to have competition for him to have to work to fight for his place back. He's undoubtedly been the best player we have for the last couple of years but he's only shown how good he's capable of being very, very sporadically. He certainly hasn't been anywhere near the player his talents should allow. But my argument was nothing whatsoever to do with him, in spite of the name of the thread.

Excited to see Johnson play in a team with good attacking options alongside him instead of seeing him as the sole creator in a slow and stagnating forward line. He could shine.

I'm hoping for exactly this. I think the "competition" will do him the world of good. With players on his wavelength... well... we might just see the player we thought we were buying in the first place. He's been there sporadically, (like last January, when he was on Fire), but imagine THAT johnson all season long! :cool:

Last edited:
He's got everything to do with it. Read back through the thread. My entire argument is that I would rather play Toivenan than Rodwell and just have one defensive midfielder and Toivenan sitting in the huge gap we always have between our three DM's and our forward line.

As for Johnson it'll be good to have competition for him to have to work to fight for his place back. He's undoubtedly been the best player we have for the last couple of years but he's only shown how good he's capable of being very, very sporadically. He certainly hasn't been anywhere near the player his talents should allow. But my argument was nothing whatsoever to do with him, in spite of the name of the thread.

I'm hoping for exactly this. I think the "competition" will do him the world of good. With players on his wavelength... well... we might just see the player we thought we were buying in the first place. He's been there sporadically, (like last January, when he was on Fire), but imagine THAT johnson all season long! :cool:

They aren't really competing for the same position though are they, we need 2 defensive mids if Ola is going to play

I keep trying to give rodwell a few more, too and I still keep telling myself he'll come good but, based on Saturdays evidence, I'd still choose Toivenan ahead of him. He just looked like he didn't want to hide. Rodwell performance on Saturday, (or certainly his first half showing), was possibly his most inept for us yet and that's a bold statement, given how bad he's been at times.

I've said on here time and again that he'll come good... but when?

I think he needs to have to fight for his place again.
He played well for ten minutes then strolled around doing the square root of fuck all. Or was I watching a different swede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back