Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonz

Striker
Considering we've been flirting with relegation almost every year since we were promoted, I don't understand why people are saying he would be a bad appointment. What we need right now is some stability. We need someone who's experienced at keeping teams up.

Being pragmatic, it would be a disaster to go down next season with all the TV money coming in. We need a safe pair of hands to see us to mid-table.

He's not my 1st choice, I don't know who that is to be honest but it's not Sam. I think he'd be a very decent appointment tho and would be more than happy if we got him.

Because people want to be "dazzled" and "inspired" by managers and players these days.
I think people think that there's a genius out there who can turn our fortunes around and kick us on to some dizzy heights. In reality, the whole club needs a good shake up from the bottom up and it's never just one man who is the answer. We need someone who knows what they're doing while that shit gets sorted.

He would be ok but I can't see us doing anything other than survive, ever, and would he work under Congerton? He might though steady the ship for a couple of seasons but I can't see him doing much long term.

I think people think that there's a genius out there who can turn our fortunes around and kick us on to some dizzy heights. In reality, the whole club needs a good shake up from the bottom up and it's never just one man who is the answer. We need someone who knows what they're doing while that shit gets sorted.
Or people genuinely don't want him. Why does that equate to wanting a miracle worker?

people have differing views on who they want. I do not want Allardyce and his entourage.

There is a big wide world out there.
I do get this like. Of all the managers in the world and fresh from having Dick, allardyce doesn't set the pulse racing.

Or people genuinely don't want him. Why does that equate to wanting a miracle worker?
I didn't say there was one or the other? I said I didn't understand why people didn't want him so strongly. Of course, we're entitled to our different opinions, but I see him as a safe pair of hands for the moment while we clear out some dross and get some better foundations.

Unrealistic and magesque to not want allardyce, apparently.
I'm easy either way in all honesty. I like him as a bloke and think he'd steady us. Can see both sides to the debate.

I didn't say there was one or the other? I said I didn't understand why people didn't want him so strongly. Of course, we're entitled to our different opinions, but I see him as a safe pair of hands for the moment while we clear out some dross and get some better foundations.

"I think people think that there's a genius out there who can turn our fortunes around and kick us on to some dizzy heights."

He's one of the most self serving and self promoting managers out there. Always making excuses too. Considering how exasperated our fans were with Bruce and how much of a precious bunch we can be, I can't believe anyone would want Allardyce for that reason alone.
It's odd, the majority of people wanting him for the job are those that are usually quickest to turn on our managers on here (not you Lonz) so even if he achieved midtable with boring cynical football which is what some are crying out for right now (kind of understandably considering what we've put up with the last three or four seasons) this would quickly not be enough (not a slight at our fans, any modern day fans are the same). So a combination of half not wanting him in the first place and a lot of those left likely to have short lived patience I think it could be a disaster.

Also, there's no such thing as a guaranteed appointment in football. Allardyce could just as easily fail to remove us from the relegation mix. His performance at West Ham for the last half of the season gone, with arguably better players than we've got was relegation form.

Last edited:
First signings would be Barton and Nolan and stick oshea and Brown on long contracts. Youth never given a chance. The odd African signing who's 24 going on 54. Write off the cups every year. Personality of a pea. An excuse machine. No ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back