Amir Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCat

Striker
Used to spar with Manny Pacquiao At Freddie Roach's gym. Pac Man knocked him out cold 4 or 5 times apparently. Probs best Amir doesn't fight him for real eh?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2842033/Amir-Khan-won-t-megabucks-fight-against-Floyd-Mayweather-Manny-Pacquiao-says-trainer-Freddyoach.html

‘Floyd also knows he himself doesn’t possess the knock-out punch which would make him more certain of winning that fight.’

Pacquiao, however, does carry concussive one-punch power and Roach reveals for the first time that he used it to KO Khan several times in sparring when they were training together in his Wild Card gym in Los Angeles.

Roach says: ‘Manny frequently put Amir on the floor, knocking him cold four or five times.’

Since that was inflicted with gloves more thickly padded than those used in actual fights and Pacquiao is as fast as Khan, Roach says: ‘There’s no point Manny fighting Amir. The reality is that it’s no big fight.[\quote]

Aye, still be earning cracking money aswell....mayweather fight could bank him another 4-5 million.
It's a disgrace that someone so shit can earn a living like that but good luck to him. Some fighters never fail to disappoint but he never fails to be disappointing.

I was told a long time ago by a top northeast coach who'd been asked down to sheffield to help train the GB team, that when Khan was in the amateurs and fighting for the GB team, everyone knew he had a glass jaw, so the coaches used to rap him in cotton wool and he was never given a hard spar, so he got away with it in the Am's however the pro's is a different thing !

I was told a long time ago by a top northeast coach who'd been asked down to sheffield to help train the GB team, that when Khan was in the amateurs and fighting for the GB team, everyone knew he had a glass jaw, so the coaches used to rap him in cotton wool and he was never given a hard spar, so he got away with it in the Am's however the pro's is a different thing !
Strange how he took punches better when with Roach. Remember Khan taking punches against Maidana which he never took before or after, wonder if the same methods what Pacquiao used were used with Khan ;)

It's a disgrace that someone so shit can earn a living like that but good luck to him. Some fighters never fail to disappoint but he never fails to be disappointing.

He isn't shit like. He has beaten some very good fighters.

Strange how he took punches better when with Roach. Remember Khan taking punches against Maidana which he never took before or after, wonder if the same methods what Pacquiao used were used with Khan ;)

I assume you mean steroids. Do steroids give you a better chin?

Canny record in amateurs,..wrapped in cotton wool to 101-9 record and winning world junior lightweight title, stopping ortiz on the way, then an olympic silver medal as in essence a junior..cotton wool all the way.:eek:

Hes far from shit like. He has a good array of punches and he still has some of the quickest hand speed out there. His problems are the fact he sometimes doesn't listen to his corner and gets dragged into wars. For fighter that is a bit 'chinny' thats stupid. I remember been at the Bredis Prescot fight when the kid knocked him out cold in the first round. If Khan had boxed him he wouldn't of taken a punch that night.

Hes far from shit like. He has a good array of punches and he still has some of the quickest hand speed out there. His problems are the fact he sometimes doesn't listen to his corner and gets dragged into wars. For fighter that is a bit 'chinny' thats stupid. I remember been at the Bredis Prescot fight when the kid knocked him out cold in the first round. If Khan had boxed him he wouldn't of taken a punch that night.
This, great going forward but poor defence and it seems he won't/can't learn so will always be on the fringe of world level.

Canny record in amateurs,..wrapped in cotton wool to 101-9 record and winning world junior lightweight title, stopping ortiz on the way, then an olympic silver medal as in essence a junior..cotton wool all the way.:eek:

Don't shoot the massager , it what I was told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back