Amir Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was told a long time ago by a top northeast coach who'd been asked down to sheffield to help train the GB team, that when Khan was in the amateurs and fighting for the GB team, everyone knew he had a glass jaw, so the coaches used to rap him in cotton wool and he was never given a hard spar, so he got away with it in the Am's however the pro's is a different thing !

The idea that Khan has a glass jaw is nonsense. He's been hurt so many times because his defence is often so poor that he takes clean shots. Anyone who saw the Maidana fight knows that he can take a punch. Any fighter can be knocked out if they leave themselves open to be hit like Khan does.

Hes far from shit like. He has a good array of punches and he still has some of the quickest hand speed out there. His problems are the fact he sometimes doesn't listen to his corner and gets dragged into wars. For fighter that is a bit 'chinny' thats stupid. I remember been at the Bredis Prescot fight when the kid knocked him out cold in the first round. If Khan had boxed him he wouldn't of taken a punch that night.
hes actually a very good boxer with a pretty rubbish defence and chin

The idea that Khan has a glass jaw is nonsense. He's been hurt so many times because his defence is often so poor that he takes clean shots. Anyone who saw the Maidana fight knows that he can take a punch. Any fighter can be knocked out if they leave themselves open to be hit like Khan does.

I don't disagree with that mate, however I'm only repeating what was told by a well respected coach

Mayweather and Pacquiao won't happen shame really

Shame it didn't happen 5 years ago, could not give a monkeys now.

He needs to pack in now, found out too often.

Or he could just keep making a fortune doing what he is doing boxing at a high level. The idea that boxers should retire after a few losses is ridiculous to me like.

I don't disagree with that mate, however I'm only repeating what was told by a well respected coach

Name him then.

Name him then.[/QUOTE]

I won't name him on here as it was a conversation between me a friend of mine and him, however if you are involved in northeast abae boxing like I am you'll know who to is

Name him then.

Cotton wool ffs, spent the second half of his amateur career fighting top international fighters, cubans and an array of top ranked fighters from eastern europe - not little billy from scunrthorpe, top world ranked.

Guess what, he won 90 % of them, on foreign soil i may also add, khan was a top top world class amateur, this is fact.....embarrassing comments.

I was ringside for that. Unbelievable how much pounding he took in that 10th round but never went down.

I was ringside for that. Unbelievable how much pounding he took in that 10th round but never went down.
You jammy bassa, quality win.....but fuck me he took some shit in rd 10 and 11 , love how in the 12 th he is standing and trying to trade, a fighting instinct alright...love it.

Cotton wool ffs, spent the second half of his amateur career fighting top international fighters, cubans and an array of top ranked fighters from eastern europe - not little billy from scunrthorpe, top world ranked.

Guess what, he won 90 % of them, on foreign soil i may also add, khan was a top top world class amateur, this is fact.....embarrassing comments.

God I feel so ashamed right now for what I've said about Mr Khan, does that make you feel better :oops: f***ing get a grip mate its was an opinion from a coach I've none a long time, he said that to me and I believe him, if you don't, fine as I dont really give a shit what you think

God I feel so ashamed right now for what I've said about Mr Khan, does that make you feel better :oops: f***ing get a grip mate its was an opinion from a coach I've none a long time, he said that to me and I believe him, if you don't, fine as I dont really give a shit what you think
Why reply then, you post something your friend " heard " ...but in the meantime khan is fighting in championdhips all across the world.

Do the f***ing maths man, i simply don't like bullshit being spouted.

Why reply then, you post something your friend " heard " ...but in the meantime khan is fighting in championdhips all across the world.

Do the f***ing maths man, i simply don't like bullshit being spouted.
So how do you know it's bullshit, were you coaching the GB team in Sheffield ?

So how do you know it's bullshit, were you coaching the GB team in Sheffield ?
Nope....i give you that.
And maybe bullshit was harsh.

Do you know much about khans amateur career?..if so does it suggest cotton wool?

Nope....i give you that.
And maybe bullshit was harsh.

Do you know much about khans amateur career?..if so does it suggest cotton wool?

I respect anyone who steps into the ring amateur or pro..and your right his record was outstanding, and BTW mate I had 36 bouts myself but my boxing skills were no where never khans standard, I now run a club and coach amateur boxing to local lads and lass's. at no point was I disrespecting Khan or what he has done in his career ,I was just mentioning a conversion I had when he turned pro with someone who knew him and had been around him while he was training at the GB gym in Sheffield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back