Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now toon anywhere of howuch he would cost. He's only had one season in the Premiership, but Levy will expect a lot of obey for a current England international.

I bet he'd be over £10
Give levy his due though always manages to get the best deal for Spurs

They never get their trousers pulled down ower fees unlike us

He is a current England international. He has pace, scores a few goals and can shoot with both feet. He plays for a side who always seem to finish in the top six.

Obviously, it's as well that we will not see him playing for us as he is apparently nowhere near good enough, according to the SMB sages.

Don't know his contract situation, but £15m seems way over the top mind.

He is a current England international. He has pace, scores a few goals and can shoot with both feet. He plays for a side who always seem to finish in the top six.

Obviously, it's as well that we will not see him playing for us as he is apparently nowhere near good enough, according to the SMB sages.

The same lot who didn't want Downing as McClean "was better" :D

Surprised they don't want more for him given his current credentials and the fact he is English and only 23.
Andy Carroll - 35m
Luke Shaw - 27m
Adam Lallana - 25m
Joleon Lescott - 22m
Shaun Wright Phillips - 21m

Is he any worse than any of those players, okay SWP was some time ago but the others are in the past few seasons, players that aren't bad footballers but not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

If we were to pay 15m for him I would be quite pleased, decent player, pace, scores goals, has a good resale value.

Give levy his due though always manages to get the best deal for Spurs

They never get their trousers pulled down ower fees unlike us
That's because they have players other teams want, and, well, we've got nobody anyone wants unless we can subsidise a loan deal for them.

Not saying he is worth £15m but not that far off either, but he would transform us. His directness and pace is something we are desperate for, just because he is English does not make him shit.

He is worth it for 15m, how much did we waste on Johnson? 10-12m?

Seems good value and has no court case coming up.

He is worth it for 15m, how much did we waste on Johnson? 10-12m?

Seems good value and has no court case coming up.
6/10 for that one.

Don't think you'll catch many there, too subtle for most...

I would be over the moon if we signed him, I know it's a bit of a joke that he makes the England team so regularly despite barely ever playing for Spurs, but he's the kind of player that would really excite fans here. Imagine him and Lens supporting Defoe, it'd be unreal. Bring him the fuck home.

£15m for Townsend and £32m for Benteke. f***ing crazy.

Do you remember all the trumpeting of the new £Billion TV deal for football - that's the result. The Sky/BT money does not improve the 'product' one jot but increases wages and agents fees and takes the game further and further away from you and I. It would be better if all fees were undisclosed and clubs just kept us abreast of their profit and loss.

This place is unreal we have people saying Andros Townsend would not be good enough for us, I'm all for opinions but haway man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back