Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd definitely have him, I still don't think he's done anything to be praying for England as often as he has but he'll get games here for sure and find his stride again.

Be a decent signign imo. Young, got bags of pace and has a bit of experience of international footy. Plenty he can do to improve his game in terms of final ball and decision making but he's got time to do that.

I'd definitely have him, I still don't think he's done anything to be praying for England as often as he has but he'll get games here for sure and find his stride again.

Playing reasonably well for England gets him that gig. Admittedly he's not done that well at club level and kinda got in initially by default when no on else could be arsed/wasn't fit. I'd take him here no problem, would give us pace, a bit of unpredictability and a slight goal threat. The down sides would be price, wages etc as he's probably cost far more than he's worth.

If it wasn't for Spurs spunking that much money on players since Bale left and having to justify some of them I think he'd probably have played more and done more there too.

Playing reasonably well for England gets him that gig. Admittedly he's not done that well at club level and kinda got in initially by default when no on else could be arsed/wasn't fit. I'd take him here no problem, would give us pace, a bit of unpredictability and a slight goal threat. The down sides would be price, wages etc as he's probably cost far more than he's worth.

If it wasn't for Spurs spunking that much money on players since Bale left and having to justify some of them I think he'd probably have played more and done more there too.
Most do to get them here.

No mention anywhere of how much he would cost.

He's only had one full season in the Premiership, but Levy will expect a lot of money for a current England international.

I bet he'd be well over £10m and we could do better IMO.

I don't really see him as a left sided striker in a 3 either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back