Andy Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loved the big man. :cool:

That Norwich goal was one of the best I've ever seen. His ball for Murphy against Wigan was superb too.

first appearance in a sunderland shirt this wasn't it?

pressed them forcing a throw in, won possesion from them after, a one two then fantastic ball for purphy to do the rest. what an introduction...

Horrible football there. Passing, getting the ball into the box where there are actual Sunderland players. What are they playing at!!

pressed them forcing a throw in, won possesion from them after, a one two then fantastic ball for purphy to do the rest. what an introduction...

...then straight off for a cowboy supper, a kebab, pizza, an Indian and a few pints before bedtime...

I watched that game in the lounge of a B & B on the outskirts of Cardiff, sat on my todd with only a few lagers for company. I booked the digs myself and that was about the 3rd one I rang and the 1st that confirmed they had SKY.

It was mainly our reserves who completely outplayed Norwich that night and I did laugh when the shot of the mag and his embarrassed son was shown :)

I watched that game in the lounge of a B & B on the outskirts of Cardiff, sat on my todd with only a few lagers for company. I booked the digs myself and that was about the 3rd one I rang and the 1st that confirmed they had SKY.

It was mainly our reserves who completely outplayed Norwich that night and I did laugh when the shot of the mag and his embarrassed son was shown :)

we all know where we were the moment that we saw that mag dickhead :lol::lol:

but yet, funnily enough, I can remember that side being called the worst Sunderland side in history by some experts on here

i'd rather have a fat reid than a fit bridcutt

I agree but Reid was an arse. He usually turned up for pre-season or after an injury lay off looking like a f***ing slob rather than a sportsman. He had one spell when he was looked slim and fit and played better for 90 minutes but he had an injury and reverted to type again.

Underrated by loads. But hey, we know how many don't know a football from a snowball.
There is mucho ironee in the above statement.................I am a firm believer in the old saying cream rises to the top..............he found his level...he could not run! had no pace!and 1 out of 10 corners may have reached the centre of the goal ............he could turn on a sixpence but only one way scored spectacular goals at a rate of 1:500 attempts ............he did make me laugh when he tried to run with the ball it was like he was running in treacle he ran for a couple of yards slowed down then speeded up again! he certaily was not a premiership footballer in any shape or form ...................and did i say cream rises to the top but im afraid reidy ate all the cream and the eggs and the dairyman and probably his horse!

I agree but Reid was an arse. He usually turned up for pre-season or after an injury lay off looking like a f***ing slob rather than a sportsman. He had one spell when he was looked slim and fit and played better for 90 minutes but he had an injury and reverted to type again.

aye, he did have that one spell of decent fitness and it lead to the best footy he played but tbf we have no idea what lead to his weight, genetics, depression etc. it isn't always as simple as 'what a greedy fuck' especially after injuries, that can snowball with depression for a sportsman and they turn to food, for others it would be booze, drugs etc

he was still one of very few match winners we've had in recent times even when out of shape.

and on a personal note i love out of shape sportsmen - makes anything possible.

what is frustrating is that teams in the bottom half of the premiership and even top half of the championship are full of players who have top ability but are only playing for clubs like ours because they can't show their ability on a regular basis, the end result being that we (and many other clubs) end up with squads full of "nearly" men.

I detest this accepted idea that if a player is "really good" he should be at a top 6 club and he will only end up at a club like ours if his game is seriously flawed (i.e. inconsistent or too slow or too weak or too one footed).

There is mucho ironee in the above statement.................I am a firm believer in the old saying cream rises to the top..............he found his level...he could not run! had no pace!and 1 out of 10 corners may have reached the centre of the goal ............he could turn on a sixpence but only one way scored spectacular goals at a rate of 1:500 attempts ............he did make me laugh when he tried to run with the ball it was like he was running in treacle he ran for a couple of yards slowed down then speeded up again! he certaily was not a premiership footballer in any shape or form ...................and did i say cream rises to the top but im afraid reidy ate all the cream and the eggs and the dairyman and probably his horse!
Tell you what, you're an oddbod, but as well as cream rising to the top so does scum.

He was brilliant in Bruce's first few months here, he'd clearly lost a lot of weight in pre-season and was probably our best performer after Bent in that period, he was fantastic in the 2-2 at Old Trafford in particular. Then he got injured and piled the weight back on again.

Pretty sure that those were his first touches as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back