Antiques roadshow from durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh listen to you totally forgot about speaking to the queen of antiques
The wifey
Spoken like a proper crookonion

:lol: it was months ago man. She was hovvering around asking people what this wooden thing was. Was one of them classic moments when everyone sees her coming and buggers off leaving the man whos not paying attention trapped

Any more information on this?

Sadly and as we both know the club simply aren't interested
You can probably see it on catch up TV. It was relatively early on in the programme.

However, to try and describe the photograph it had a number of men surrounding an old orange box with the contents slightly upturned towards the camera. In the box you could see some very small dark kittens. One of the men behind the box is actually holding a black cat, obviously the mother of the kittens. The men were of differing generations, some were probably players and I believe the man presenting the memorabilia mentioned the date 1907, so you can envisage how they were all dressed.

The picture was taken at the time of his grandfather (Harry Low) playing for us and he recounted the story as this was a picture of a stray black cat that turned up at the club and very quickly adopted by players and staff as a 'lucky black cat' and the originator of the black cat nickname ...... that's about it!

You can probably see it on catch up TV. It was relatively early on in the programme.

However, to try and describe the photograph it had a number of men surrounding an old orange box with the contents slightly upturned towards the camera. In the box you could see some very small dark kittens. One of the men behind the box is actually holding a black cat, obviously the mother of the kittens. The men were of differing generations, some were probably players and I believe the man presenting the memorabilia mentioned the date 1907, so you can envisage how they were all dressed.

The picture was taken at the time of his grandfather (Harry Low) playing for us and he recounted the story as this was a picture of a stray black cat that turned up at the club and very quickly adopted by players and staff as a 'lucky black cat' and the originator of the black cat nickname ...... that's about it!
Ah right. So it's Maurice low who has it. Been in touch with Maurice recently but for some reason I'm being fobbed off and can't get access to Harry lows collection.

Ah right. So it's Maurice low who has it. Been in touch with Maurice recently but for some reason I'm being fobbed off and can't get access to Harry lows collection.
From what I remember he had the 1913 Cup final Programme, the Black Cat photo, one of Harry, photo of the team with Harry in and something else. The guy valuing the collection (between £8 - 900) turned out to be a MLF because his two daughters were! Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back