Any Electricians on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right I've put the greens with the greens, browns with browns and blues with blues, I haven't got anything to connect the other end into so I've just tied it to the top of the radiator out of harms way but it keeps going bang I've been through plenty fuses. I've turned the socket off I don't understand

Right I've put the greens with the greens, browns with browns and blues with blues, I haven't got anything to connect the other end into so I've just tied it to the top of the radiator out of harms way but it keeps going bang I've been through plenty fuses. I've turned the socket off I don't understand
Logon or register to see this image

Get a spark in before you kill yourself, fool. Spuring off a ring main is one of the simplest jobs we do. If you have an old db with rewirables your playing with fire.

If you have connected one end in to the socket on the ring and the other end is on the rad that could be why the rad is live and tripping. Even though I'm convinced this is a wind up.

Last edited:
Don't include f***ing about with electrics into your diy ffs. Stick to things with a low risk of death.

Piffle, my last electric installation was a cooker and I've nee electrical qualifications. It's only a few wires and colours, what's the worst that can happen?

If you havent got the brain capacity to check the hundreds of thousands of web pages, videos or books about the task out there, its very likely someones going to die in that house if you continue f***ing about with electrics you have no knowledge of.

its probably a bit of insulation stuck in the terminal.
dont do this really
make sure you strip a good few metres of insulation off the cable before terminating it.

Right I'm back from the hospital with what can only be described as an irregular heartbeat due to electricity exposure. The bad news is the DIY still needs doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back