Any foot health experts on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Herbal

Striker
*WARNING – Graphic foot description*

I’ve had a foot problem for about a month – basically a bit of hard skin or a spelk or summat which has been getting increasingly painful. I’ve now reached a point where it’s swollen and I can barely put it on the ground.
I went to my GP, but she dismissed it as a verrucca in about 10 seconds and passed me onto the cryo clinic, but that’s 3 weeks away. I can’t not walk for 3 weeks, and besides which I’ve had verruccas before and this is in no way similar.
So my question is what do I do now? I just want someone to have a proper poke about and see if there is indeed a foreign body in there or if it’s infected.
Is there any mileage in going to the drop in centre? Would they look at it any more thoroughly than a doc? What about a podiatrist? Any idea how much they’d charge?

Chiropractors do backs and things. Chiropodists do feet. Easy mistake to make.
True story I once went to a chiropodist with loads of verrucas hoping he's give me a cure like burn them off or something, I paid about 40 quid and all he did was say leave them alone and then he clipped my toenails

Chiropractors do backs and things. Chiropodists do feet. Easy mistake to make.
I got it right the first time round but as I have a bad back had chiropractor on my mind.

You knew what I meant...

Actually I never. Fucks sake ha!

I'm off for a lobotomy.

I’ve had a foot problem for about a month – basically a bit of hard skin or a spelk or summat which has been getting increasingly painful. I’ve now reached a point where it’s swollen and I can barely put it on the ground.
I went to my GP, but she dismissed it as a verrucca in about 10 seconds and passed me onto the cryo clinic, but that’s 3 weeks away. I can’t not walk for 3 weeks, and besides which I’ve had verruccas before and this is in no way similar.
So my question is what do I do now? I just want someone to have a proper poke about and see if there is indeed a foreign body in there or if it’s infected.
Is there any mileage in going to the drop in centre? Would they look at it any more thoroughly than a doc? What about a podiatrist? Any idea how much they’d charge?

If its growing and becoming more painful I'd go to A and E sharpish and demand a proper diagnosis. Wouldn't wish to alarm but my youngest works for a firm doing clinical negligence stuff and I wish I had a quid for each time she's told me about a case where someone has been fobbed of by their GP, only to be diagnosed with a serious problem at a later date. Lumps and bumps are commonly mentioned

My advise for this kind of thing "can't get in for threw weeks...." is always the same. Pay to go private.

Go to the walk in centre. (That's ironic) Tell them you cannot walk and the pain is too much. You might get some decent drugs or get it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back