Any foot health experts on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cut it out with nail clippers.

Alternatively get sized up for an orthoptic shoe to help you out til your appointment comes.

*WARNING – Graphic foot description*

I’ve had a foot problem for about a month – basically a bit of hard skin or a spelk or summat which has been getting increasingly painful. I’ve now reached a point where it’s swollen and I can barely put it on the ground.
I went to my GP, but she dismissed it as a verrucca in about 10 seconds and passed me onto the cryo clinic, but that’s 3 weeks away. I can’t not walk for 3 weeks, and besides which I’ve had verruccas before and this is in no way similar.
So my question is what do I do now? I just want someone to have a proper poke about and see if there is indeed a foreign body in there or if it’s infected.
Is there any mileage in going to the drop in centre? Would they look at it any more thoroughly than a doc? What about a podiatrist? Any idea how much they’d charge?

Your symptoms and the way your GP has dismissed it as nowt is exactly the same as what has happened to my sister.
Long story short after basically being fobbed off by her GP, drop in centres AND Sunderland general dermatology clinic over nearly a year (all told her it is just HPV and will eventually clear up despite growing to about 2 inches in diameter) it been found to be squamous cell carcinoma and it's getting chopped off next week.
Gan back to your GP and demand a biopsy mate

Is there any mileage in going to the drop in centre?

It's worth a try, and the GP will know you've been as it gets reported back to them.

I've had a health problem and been fobbed off by GP since February that it was nothing serious, and I was diagnosed with a something serious yesterday. I wish I'd made more of a fuss earlier and I might have had it diagnosed and treated sooner.

Its a foot.... feet don't hurt ffs.

Get a scalpel blade, boil it in water, and cut the thing open, remove anything causing pain, wrap it up with some antiseptic dusting powder and get on with your life.

People like you make me sick.... ohh,... ohh I have a pain I needs me a medicine man.... ffs sort yourself out, grow a set.

Its a foot.... feet don't hurt ffs.

Get a scalpel blade, boil it in water, and cut the thing open, remove anything causing pain, wrap it up with some antiseptic dusting powder and get on with your life.

People like you make me sick.... ohh,... ohh I have a pain I needs me a medicine man.... ffs sort yourself out, grow a set.
:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back