Any good curry recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some canny ones there like, might give Mr Singhs Lamb curry a go at the weekend, sounds lush

Madhur Jaffrey's Duck Vindaloo from her Curry Bible (superb book, highly recommend if it's still in print). It isn't hot unless you want it to be. I usually follow the recipe but just use 2-3 normal green chillies. Most curries from scratch are all about flavour, you just use chillies to heat to taste. Worth adding an extra duck leg per person or maybe some duck breast

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2003/sep/21/foodanddrink.shopping

Logon or register to see this image

I hope all these vindaloo recipes have wine in them and pork is the only meat that should be in a vindaloo.

Rick Steins Raj Beef Curry is very tasty - quite easy to make - first 'proper' curry I ever made. Pilau rice is fairly quick to make too

My curries have tasted a lot better since I've been frying off curry leaves with the spices. Quite like a few fried off curry leaves on the top when serving as well

You should also accept lamb in a vindaloo.
NoooOOOoo

Lamb can be curried and eaten all over India as it's acceptable to muzzies and sikhs. Vindaloo ('Vin' as in wine and 'da loo' where you run to after eating one) is from the old Portuguese coloney of Goa where all the brown folk were converted to Catholicism, there by allowed to eat piggy. The dish it's self is a fusion of Portuguese and India. The most likely base being the pog dish 'Carne de vinha d'alhos' meat with wine and garlic. That meat should be pork or at a push bugs bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back