Any new VW Golf owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Striker
Looking at a new one - probably on lease but confused at the choice tbh! Would seem there are various trim levels from S, Match, Blue Motion and GT. Then theres choice of diesel v petrol and manual v auto and that's before you consider performance v economy!

Any golf owners out there with the mk7 and thoughts on their experiences - thinking about kit v cost as to spec them up looks a bit pricey. A few golf owners I know swear by the car but are all older generation owners mk5 but reckon once you've had a golf you're a fan for life etc.

I'm checking out online and building the spec to get ideas - what's to like, not like or avoid?

Nip into Pullman at the Mill and in the showroom is a black GTD, very f***ing nice

Therein lies the problem - the first few posts mention Match, Bluemotion and GTI. I LIKE DIESEL SO ALL WOULD BE FAIRLY ECONOMIC (Bluemotion claims 88 MPG - yeah right)

The Golf R is loaded with kit iirc but 33k. Is just crackers. That's why I think I'd lease rather than face the depreciation hit.

Looking at a new one - probably on lease but confused at the choice tbh! Would seem there are various trim levels from S, Match, Blue Motion and GT. Then theres choice of diesel v petrol and manual v auto and that's before you consider performance v economy!

Any golf owners out there with the mk7 and thoughts on their experiences - thinking about kit v cost as to spec them up looks a bit pricey. A few golf owners I know swear by the car but are all older generation owners mk5 but reckon once you've had a golf you're a fan for life etc.

I'm checking out online and building the spec to get ideas - what's to like, not like or avoid?
I know it's not a VW golf but seen an add yesterday for a BMW 125d msport, 6 month down payment and 222 pm on a personal lease with 10k miles which I thought was a cracking deal, would have got it if I had the deposit.

New RR sport for me next , sick of lining zee Germans pockets .....

Lad at work has just paid £33000 for a golf R. Nice car but Fuck me 33k for a hatch back.

Crazy amount of money for a motor like...

I really love golfs, had one about 7 years ago and loved it. Think I will get another one some time in the next year or so, will spend no more than 10-12k, don't see the point of leasing personally.

Work out how much actual cash you have and buy a car that you can afford, or just lease one like all these call centre millionaires. No the ... ah, never mind. Deferred payments my arse, you can't afford the car man.

Work out how much actual cash you have and buy a car that you can afford, or just lease one like all these call centre millionaires. No the ... ah, never mind. Deferred payments my arse, you can't afford the car man.
Deferred payment is optional though depending on what deal you sign up for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back