Anybody think we will stay up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could the 8-0 be the defining result? Down on goal difference?
I know we have had a couple of terrible home scores but the 8-0 is the difference at the moment for me.

I will say this only once relegation will be a disaster!

Your s fool if you dont see that!

We get only minimum support from Short as he wont go the extra mile financially and thats with 60 million tv revenue.................what do you think he will do when our revenue stream disappears?I know the relegated teams get parachute paymentd ( and the players will get a pay cut)but its not enough!SAFC as a club and its fans are one of the best in the land ..the present team and financial structure and chairman are championship standard at best.
So how do other clubs manage to get relegated and come back up then?

Could the 8-0 be the defining result? Down on goal difference?
I know we have had a couple of terrible home scores but the 8-0 is the difference at the moment for me.

the 6 points QPR and the 4 Hull got against us won't have helped. we are the masters of our own demise not being able to beat the 6/7 teams around us

Pretty much how I feel tbh. There's no doubt in my mind that we deserve to get relegated, but we can stay up, and really I think that Burnley and QPR, with only 5 games left each, and three points off safety, are in more trouble than us. Burnley have ran out of steam and haven't scored a goal in ages. QPR have to go to Liverpool, Man City and Leicester and have only two home games left, so I don't see where they are getting enough points from (even two home wins against West Ham and Newcastle only takes them to 32 points). Hull are in bad form and their run in is horrific - Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man Utd are three of their last four home fixtures, they have to go to Palace and Spurs, and even if they beat Burnley, that won't save them.

Even now, we have a better run in than any of the teams below us apart from Leicester. 6 points will save us, and 4 or 5 might too. I think Advocaat will find a way to get those. Unfortunately, for months after it was obvious Poyet was a dead man walking, we still laboured on in Ellis Short's mistaken belief that we didn't need to act, while Palace, Villa, and WBA were saving their skins by acting earlier.
A lot of sense spoken here.

I finally accepted our fate during the Palace game, the way they capitulated during the 2nd half gave me zero confidence going forward.

Rubbish against an out of form west ham.....rubbish against a shocking Newcastle and the less said about the palace game the better

So how do other clubs manage to get relegated and come back up then?

Its not that we wont get promoted again(and i dont think we will go down this year)but if i can put in a climbimg terms .....we have spent several seasons trying to climb the premiership mountain with little progress, but we are on that mountain............ I see no value in going back to basecamp and starting over, i would prefer to consolidate where we are and try to move on next year!.....providing we dont fall of of course!

Barely....as Burnley, Leceister and WBA are worse than us and lost this week.....................oh wait a minute~

We,ll scrape it IMO. What we do need, for the last two games, is a full and bouncing SOL, like the mags match.cometh the hour, cometh the man. No sniping are negativity, just a cauldron of noise, something that never seems to kick in now, unless it's the mags.we did it against Cardiff and west brom last season, let's do it again.the players seem shit scared to play at home this season.never under estimate how a crowd can dictate the pace and tempo of a game.and if it still goes tits up, well then we've all done our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back