Anybody think we will stay up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can get points from the next 4 I think.

Arsenal and Chelsea away is tough but Arsenal will have an eye on the cup final and Chelsea will be champions by then so they won't be full pelt.

Not saying we will stay up but I don't agree with saying we're 100% down and teams like Leicester are definitely surviving.

I can't see it now but interested how many do.

Leicester will stay up, they have mags at home which is a cert and qpr at home.

I think it will be either us or qpr who go down with Burnley and Hull.
Its impossible to predict. This squad of players seem capable of getting results when they absolutely have to so I wouldn't rule out something unique. A shock! Because if no.....i cannot see it happening....

Seriously though, I'm starting to wonder whether relegation won't be such a bad thing. Clear the decks, invest in youth and start with some sort of strategy without the pressure of PL football.

Its impossible to predict. This squad of players seem capable of getting results when they absolutely have to so I wouldn't rule out something unique. A shock! Because if no.....i cannot see it happening....

Seriously though, I'm starting to wonder whether relegation won't be such a bad thing. Clear the decks, invest in youth and start with some sort of strategy without the pressure of PL football.
It would be terrible. This clear the decks and rebuild would be done with even less money than we have tried to do it with. Let that sink in

It would be terrible. This clear the decks and rebuild would be done with even less money than we have tried to do it with. Let that sink in
I'd rather we had a couple of seasons in the 2nd tier where we can start developing an identity and style of play, bring through some younger players and rid ourselves of these 60k a week has-beens and never weres. I take your point re money, but the likes of Cattermole, Johnson, O'Shea etc would still go for decent money (especially as we won't need a fire-sale like last time and we can hold out for better money) and I'm thoroughly sick of this awful non-football we see every week with a bunch of can't be arsed millionaires not fit to wear the shirt that 99% of us would give our right knacker to wear just once.

I fully expect QPR to beat West Ham and Newcastle at home, 6 more points.

Likewise Leicester to beat Newcastle and QPR at home (that's without 6 pointers against us and Burnley) possible 9 - 12 points.

Hull to beat Burnley at home, 3 more points.

Burnely have 5 games, where we would expect to pick up at least a point. I'd say possible 3 - 6 points. I will give them 4.

Now to our lot, I'd like to think we can get a draw at either Stoke or Everton. Plus a draw at home to Southampton.
I will give us a home win to Leicester, but we all know how that could turn out. I'd say 4 more points.

That would end up

Leicester 37 pts
Sunderland 33 pts
QPR 32 pts
Burnley 30 pts
Hull 31pts

Let's pray our lot pull their fingers out, cos they don't look like they could beat an egg at present.

Like I've just said on another thread,
reading this forum this week makes me sad to be a Safc fan.
The reason being that it seems around 70% of people on here have already written us off and have us relegated already.
I find that absolutely disgusting. We aren't even in the relegation zone FFS!!! There's still 6 games to play. If there's anything predictable about football is that it's totally unpredictable.
We WILL stay up. A little faith might help instead of being lily liveried, rolling over and giving up. I hope to god I'm never in a real life survival situation with anyone off this board. Be fucked.
Sad bed wetting, doommongering fannies. Give your heads a shake. FTM. Haaaaaaaawwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!
Have you seen us live this season, if so you very well know why people are writing this sack of shit off.

Like I've just said on another thread,
reading this forum this week makes me sad to be a Safc fan.
The reason being that it seems around 70% of people on here have already written us off and have us relegated already.
I find that absolutely disgusting. We aren't even in the relegation zone FFS!!! There's still 6 games to play. If there's anything predictable about football is that it's totally unpredictable.
We WILL stay up. A little faith might help instead of being lily liveried, rolling over and giving up. I hope to god I'm never in a real life survival situation with anyone off this board. Be fucked.
Sad bed wetting, doommongering fannies. Give your heads a shake. FTM. Haaaaaaaawwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!
Tell the f***ing players to stop giving up so easily then. Absolutely disgusting that they give up after conceding the first goal, and they only start to give a little fight when the game has gone from us.
They're a pathetic, spineless, set of bastards who don't deserve our terrific support.
But most of them will be scattered around a number of clubs next season in the prem, so they'll not be that worried, fuck the club, jump ship......

At this point last season we were in last place, had lost 19 of 32 games, had taken one point from our previous six games and were five points from survival with two games in hand.

This season we are in 16th, have lost 13 of 32 games, have taken four points from our previous six games and are a point clear with a game in hand on the bottom two. We aren't playing great but Burnley and QPR have not made up any ground on us over the past six games and we have gained two points on Hull.

I will say this only once relegation will be a disaster!

Your s fool if you dont see that!

We get only minimum support from Short as he wont go the extra mile financially and thats with 60 million tv revenue.................what do you think he will do when our revenue stream disappears?I know the relegated teams get parachute paymentd ( and the players will get a pay cut)but its not enough!SAFC as a club and its fans are one of the best in the land ..the present team and financial structure and chairman are championship standard at best.

Think we've got no chance. Owner is clueless on football. Might be a great business man.

We'll be stuck in championship for years if we go down I think.

The infuriating thing about this relegation is how little we'd have to improve to avoid it...two wins from Everton Soton Leics Stoke would hardly trouble the SSN ticker but would keep us up imho.
All down to Dick now ; whatever happens as many as possible of these players must be peddled

Think we've got no chance. Owner is clueless on football. Might be a great business man.

We'll be stuck in championship for years if we go down I think.

This owner has kept us in the top league 8 seasons so on that measure he's the best owner since pre 1957

I hnk we will, thought the same last year mind.
However, Stoke are not fast up front like Palace and Villa so we may get something.
Saints will hopefully be finished for the season, Everton too.
However we are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back