Are all athiests angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it too far ? Are all you atheists inflamed by the sight of a woman like a 17th century puritan?
Well if you wouldn't be turned on by the sight of a naked woman that's your business. The point though is that while everybody has to wear bottoms, only men are allowed to go topless, which I think was more your point wasn't it?

Yes must admit a lady in lingerie looks far sexier than a lady in the buff.
It's this kind of objectification of women that eventual leads to the burka

Well if you wouldn't be turned on by the sight of a naked woman that's your business. The point though is that while everybody has to wear bottoms, only men are allowed to go topless, which I think was more your point wasn't it?
No the point is why should a male dominated society decide what is lawfull for a woman to wear ?

It's this kind of objectification of women that eventual leads to the burka

No the point is why should a male dominated society decide what is lawfull for a woman to wear ?
Well exactly, but as an example you quoted something which both men and women are forced to wear, while only men are allowed to walk around topless, generally.

I'm driving along a road and a plane drops on my head. I'm having a drink and a helicopter crashes through the roof.

Mysterious.

Let's light a candle.

I'm not angry I just think it's batshit mental.

What is the difference between British societies patriarchal laws that objectify and force dress codes on women and Islam ?

The difference is that women in Britain can choose whether they want to be objectified, as can many men. We have countless laws which are in place to make sure women are treated as equals to men. Now, I'm not saying we have a perfect society because sexism certainly exists, and in many places it ought not to after so many years of equality, but you cannot compare the treatment of women in Britain to that of many Muslim countries.

Which dress codes are 'forced' on women in Britain?

And yet you always join in, and usually well past the second page. If you, or others, find the topic so tedious then why do you continue to contribute?
I didn't say I found it tedious. I was just answering the lad. The topics of theism and anti theism fascinates me.

Covering their minge did you not read my op?

I can't get my penis out in public. It's not a sexist law, it's a law regarding decency.

As they can under islam hence Hitchens being shown to lack understanding by the nice muslim woman

Not in many Islamic countries.

I didn't say I found it tedious. I was just answering the lad. The topics of theism and anti theism fascinates me.

The tenet of you post seemed to indicate that you were bored of the threads. I apologise for misunderstanding.

I can't get my penis out in public. It's not a sexist law, it's a law regarding decency.

The tenet of you post seemed to indicate that you were bored of the threads. I apologise for misunderstanding.
And who decided the beauty of the human form is indecent ?

g.

Which ones have the laws you seem to be implying here?

So you agree it is exactly the same then just a slightly different scale?

No it's completely different. I'll use Saudi and the UK as an example. In Saudi women are strictly forbidden from driving (not a bad thing some might say). In the UK women have exactly the same rights as a man when it comes to driving. I could use countless other laws, from many Islamic countries but my point remains the same. Many Islamic countries have laws which are blatantly sexist. We don't.

No it's completely different. I'll use Saudi and the UK as an example. In Saudi women are strictly forbidden from driving (not a bad thing some might say). In the UK women have exactly the same rights as a man when it comes to driving. I could use countless other laws, from many Islamic countries but my point remains the same. Many Islamic countries have laws which are blatantly sexist. We don't.
We were discussing dress codes which was the original Point made to Hitchens. You your self have pointed out one sexist law in the uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back