Ashley takes over Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only see one thing happening.

Ashley will sell NUFC at a loss and take over rangers fully. He will make more money in rangers and can't fail with them. Where Newcastle is impossible
He will have to take such a hit to get out of scumsville though it will take a long time with Rangers to get anywhere near it back and the only real money in jock football is in the CL and even then they get one place and that's into the qualifiers........

He will have to take such a hit to get out of scumsville though it will take a long time with Rangers to get anywhere near it back and the only real money in jock football is in the CL and even then they get one place and that's into the qualifiers........
Rangers will be back in the top division and in Europe within a couple of years. He can then promote his brand (Rangers) Europe wide and sports direct can then look to expand Europe wide with them.
It's a very good business move and as much as he won't admit it he put his heart before his head with the purchase of Newcastle. He will cut his losses or sell a huge percentage cheap so he falls into the legalities if owning 2 clubs

Rangers will be back in the top division and in Europe within a couple of years. He can then promote his brand (Rangers) Europe wide and sports direct can then look to expand Europe wide with them.
It's a very good business move and as much as he won't admit it he put his heart before his head with the purchase of Newcastle. He will cut his losses or sell a huge percentage cheap so he falls into the legalities if owning 2 clubs
they still wont generate anything like the revenues in England............tv money is where its at and theres sod all of that in jockland...........and like I said the European place is no gimmee as only the CL is worth anything and the jocks get one place into the qualifiers...........Celtic didn't get past them this season.......

Think he's more arsed about shifting merchandise to large fan bases. Rangers cost fuck all to buy and so he thought with the mags.

Anyone know if there's any chance of rangers and Celtic controlling their own tv deals anytime soon?

they still wont generate anything like the revenues in England............tv money is where its at and theres sod all of that in jockland...........and like I said the European place is no gimmee as only the CL is worth anything and the jocks get one place into the qualifiers...........Celtic didn't get past them this season.......
And there's nee money to be had from the Europa which will be their likely destination if any

Think he's more arsed about shifting merchandise to large fan bases. Rangers cost fuck all to buy and so he thought with the mags.

Anyone know if there's any chance of rangers and Celtic controlling their own tv deals anytime soon?
that's more near the mark......if hes clever he can effectively control Rangers and hence his goods supply without having to flog the scum.............I doubt they can have their own TV deals when they were voting on Rangers the SPL had a structure in place for any agreements and if they ever did its the end of jock football anyway...........tho to be fair its on its arse end now..........

He's not a daft businessman is Mike
I was in sports direct the other week buying some gear for the bairn and got talking to one of the lasses behind the counter. She told me that in each store there are only something like 3 full time workers; the rest are on zero hours contracts. She reckoned that SD have the most number of zero hours contract workers in the UK. Nee idea if its true.

I was in sports direct the other week buying some gear for the bairn and got talking to one of the lasses behind the counter. She told me that in each store there are only something like 3 full time workers; the rest are on zero hours contracts. She reckoned that SD have the most number of zero hours contract workers in the UK. Nee idea if its true.
It is mate.........google it and I think its the subject of some sort of court proceedings...........He does look after his workers further up the chain.............

Obviously sees Rangers fans to be the same easily beat, feeble morons that now make up the majority of our support.

Champions League qualification is useless to the Sports Direct brand by the way as the key sponsors insist that their branding dominates all Champions League matches so he won't get to plaster the ground in his scummy logo during those games.

never underestimate this apparent buffoon he's nothing of the sort he'll have a long game working here, a little investment now and hoping that they get into the premiership in the future.

Hope he sells Newcastle. He's actually been a good chairman to them and whoever takes over will be hounded out exactly the same within 6 month. Typical Newcastle fans.

didn't think you could own 2 football clubs mind, but I guess I've learned something new today :D

You cant deny that he is a fantastic business man. He will eventually take control of Rangers, it is obvious, he doesn't invest in order to have a small percentage of anything - there is always a long term goal, look at Lillywhites, Kangol, Dunlop, Slazenger. He will take full control, own all of the merchandise side and as others have said, be able to promote the brand on a European scale eventually. However, with the Champions League you have to remember that they have partners, so he wont have the stadium Sports Direct advertising, however im pretty sure that the stadium will be re-named and wouldn't be surprised if the shirt sponsors are sports direct. He will leave Newcastle, but not before he sells off the surrounding land and it will also be interesting to see what happens with the club shops, as even the one is the stadium is a Sports Direct store and he also owns the domain names of the online club store.

Hope he sells Newcastle. He's actually been a good chairman to them and whoever takes over will be hounded out exactly the same within 6 month. Typical Newcastle fans.

be class if it was a fake sheikh... The mad hysteria of them getting "one of them awarb men" as one fan elegantly put it, with the buying of shirts with his name and the parading round newcastle... through to the realization of him not having any money and anger/ crying... through to the successive relegation's.

be class if it was a fake sheikh... The mad hysteria of them getting "one of them awarb men" as one fan elegantly put it, with the buying of shirts with his name and the parading round newcastle... through to the realization of him not having any money and anger/ crying... through to the successive relegation's.
This would make my year.
Seeing Newcastle do a Portsmouth and begging for big mike ashley to come back would just be brilliant :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back