Ashley takes over Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make my year.
Seeing Newcastle do a Portsmouth and begging for big mike ashley to come back would just be brilliant :lol:

Even better would be they decide the "geordie nation" can run there own club (like Pompey) except when they cant invest as no fan run team can, the fans in the stadium would turn on there own fans running the board with protests and bed sheets :lol: be class to see them stuck in league two for awhile :D

Hope he sells Newcastle. He's actually been a good chairman to them and whoever takes over will be hounded out exactly the same within 6 month. Typical Newcastle fans.

Ashley's failure to undertake due-diligence saved the mags from a huge financial meltdown. They don't realise how lucky they've been

Ashley's failure to undertake due-diligence saved the mags from a huge financial meltdown. They don't realise how lucky they've been
Do you really think he was that stupid? I have to admit, I think that he initially bought the club as a bit of fun....that didn't last long. However, I think that he knew exactly what was going on and has used it as an excuse for his long term goal.....as in re-branding it the WongaDome!

Do you really think he was that stupid? I have to admit, I think that he initially bought the club as a bit of fun....that didn't last long. However, I think that he knew exactly what was going on and has used it as an excuse for his long term goal.....as in re-branding it the WongaDome!

I'm not so sure mate. As you say, he originally went into Newcastle for a bit of laugh, but I think he was sold a lie by Hall.

I get the feeling that if he could,he would shut the mags down and have Rangers take their place in Premier League.

be careful what you wish for lads. a rich Arab might just decide to buy them and turn them into the next man city ! a new shirt deal for 500 million could soon sort that out etc etc

It makes a lot of sense for Ashley to gain control of Rangers, which is more than you can say about keeping NUFC really..

didn't think you could own 2 football clubs mind, but I guess I've learned something new today :D
you cant have a contolling interest in two that could meet in European competition.........but such is the state of rangers finances that he doesn't need a majority of the shares he can control those who do by the fact he is the only one willing to put in the money they need.........

You cant deny that he is a fantastic business man. He will eventually take control of Rangers, it is obvious, he doesn't invest in order to have a small percentage of anything - there is always a long term goal, look at Lillywhites, Kangol, Dunlop, Slazenger. He will take full control, own all of the merchandise side and as others have said, be able to promote the brand on a European scale eventually. However, with the Champions League you have to remember that they have partners, so he wont have the stadium Sports Direct advertising, however im pretty sure that the stadium will be re-named and wouldn't be surprised if the shirt sponsors are sports direct. He will leave Newcastle, but not before he sells off the surrounding land and it will also be interesting to see what happens with the club shops, as even the one is the stadium is a Sports Direct store and he also owns the domain names of the online club store.
He has to sell Newcastle before he can have a majority stake in Rangers but hes smart enough to find the way round this as rangers have to play ball if only one mans willing to keep them ruining.......

I get the feeling that if he could,he would shut the mags down and have Rangers take their place in Premier League.
and write off a quarter of a billion pounds.........he aint that stupid............

Last edited by a moderator:
you cant have a contolling interest in two that could meet in European competition.........but such is the state of rangers finances that he doesn't need a majority of the shares he can control those who do by the fact he is the only one willing to put in the money they need.........

He has to sell Newcastle before he can have a majority stake in Rangers but hes smart enough to find the way round this as rangers have to play ball if only one mans willing to keep them ruining.......

and write off a quarter of a billion pounds.........he aint that stupid............
I wasn't being serious mate.

The fella is doing well at being a business man,
Please Mike, drain the arse out of NUFC and sevco and I will tolerantly buy all my sportswear from your delightful emporiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back