Auschwitz Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysafc85

Striker
Probably SEB but just want advice on whether to book a tour for the day before we go or just get a taxi or train there and back when we get there? Ideally would like to to Auschwitz, Birkineau and salt mines.

Probably SEB but just want advice on whether to book a tour for the day before we go or just get a taxi or train there and back when we get there? Ideally would like to to Auschwitz, Birkineau and salt mines.

We did Auschwitz and Birkineau and the taxi company that picked us up from the airport sorted it

Ironically every nationality I saw there were very respectful apart from one.

Italians when I went. Also had an almost comically stereotypical American tourist aggressively question our guide, whose grandfather had been in Auschwitz whether the number of people who died in the camp was actually possible. His wife was mortified, bless her.

We did salt mine and just got on a bus from town centre (krakow)

I went two weeks back, booked it through our hotel, cost about £20 done ausschwitz 1 and Birkenhaus. Some done the salt mines afterwards, if you want my advice I would suggest getting a guide to take you round. Krakow is a canny place too, £2 pints decent food, people bit stroppy, a bit like they don't want people in their town :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back