Autumn Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewP

Striker
The Autumn Statement is due in about an hour. Any predictions?

I reckon Housing Benefit might take a hit, maybe a bit extra tax of fuel too. More cuts to local councils, maybe a MP pay rise too?

Can't see today being a good day for Osborne

If he goes over the welfare spending limits, he should just say (quite rightly) he was forced into it by the Lords, haven't the Labour Party promised not to make political hay out of any u-turn?

I'm not sure IDS will be fist pumping today though. ;)

Not looking forward to it. I know tax credits have to be cut and hope he has found a solution that takes a little bit off everyone who claims them, not just the working people. That would be fairest.

Not looking forward to it. I know tax credits have to be cut and hope he has found a solution that takes a little bit off everyone who claims them, not just the working people. That would be fairest.

I'd imagine there will be transitional protection introduced, probably paid for by a combination of going over target by 2% or less and a housing benefit cut and that'll pay for transitional protection.

Hope they slash housing benefit,do away with tax credits and get people back to work full time .
it's the only way to get lazy fucks out the door and into Graft.

Benefits should be a last resort not a career choice .

I'd prefer taxing people who can afford it me sell, rather than taking it off people who can't, regardless of whether they work or not.

Don't you come on here talking common sense and fairness.

Hope they slash housing benefit,do away with tax credits and get people back to work full time .

What about people already working full time, what will they do then? ;)

The lowest paid full time workers couldn't survive without housing benefit and tax credits.

Great in theory but there are a lot of zero hours, minimum wage, part-time, contract jobs etc. that might not feed and house a family.

Plus if 2 adults want to work then childcare costs can be hideous.

For some people it still doesn't make sense to work full time (or at all - tin hat on).

If there are enough decent jobs then it's fair enough. Immigrant labour and a lack of social/affordable housing are other issues that haven't helped the traditional working class.

By August 2015 there were 735,000 job vacancies;
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/l...5/statistical-bulletin.html#tab-14--Vacancies

There were 1,850,000 people seeking work by August 2015;
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/l...n.html#tab-Main-points-for-April-to-June-2015

That is not including the 102,000 unpaid family workers, and the 104,000 people on government training and employment programmes.

So, when every vacancy in the country is filled, and there is literally no more jobs, what do the 1,115,000 people left who are not working do then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back