Autumn Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect he was possibly trying a bit of self-deprecating humour with it in the lines of 'people think we're lefties, look, we quote Mao'. Well I don't know, I'm trying to put a good interpretation on it. But he hasn't the personal style to carry it off, and also this was the wrong time, the wrong place. It was just silly, plain silly. I'm no Corbyn/McDonnell fan, but I thought part of their schtick was to conduct politics in a dignified way.
Lighten up man woman , it was tongue in cheek drollery. The quote was decent and from the footage I have seen Osborne didn't enjoy mcdonnells personal ease at all by the look on his face . Watch the spin and don't beat the collective breast to order. Some people are developing general political anxiety disorder

Because it is the sort of financial incompetence that makes PFI look like a good idea.

The country is going to be locked into paying massive subsidies and doubling the price of electricity until 2060 and beyond.
Hang on. I don't think I as referring to anything in particular. I'd quite like open trade routes with China. The arguably largest global economy. I did not say Hinckley point was a good idea.

Lighten up man woman , it was tongue in cheek drollery. The quote was decent and from the footage I have seen Osborne didn't enjoy mcdonnells personal ease at all by the look on his face . Watch the spin and don't beat the collective breast to order. Some people are developing general political anxiety disorder
I look forward to the mein kampf references from the future Tory shadow Chancellor

Hang on. I don't think I as referring to anything in particular. I'd quite like open trade routes with China. The arguably largest global economy. I did not say Hinckley point was a good idea.

I look forward to the mein kampf references from the future Tory shadow Chancellor
You do that son . I think there is a substantial difference in Mao and Hitler in terms of political and economic clout . Maoes legacy is the very foundation of the modern Chinese superpower . Ok so he killed a few , starved a few ( tens of millions)in changing a medievil feudal state to an economic giant in one generation , but it doesn't make him a bad person ;)

You do that son . I think there is a substantial difference in Mao and Hitler in terms of political and economic clout . Maoes legacy is the very foundation of the modern Chinese superpower . Ok so he killed a few , starved a few ( tens of millions)in changing a medievil feudal state to an economic giant in one generation , but it doesn't make him a bad person ;)
I literally have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

Actually having watched it again he was trying to make the very good point that we allow state-owned entities to own our infrastructure, as long as the state concerned is not the UK. It's an utter slam dunk of a point, but he totally fucked it up.
It's obvious that he was trying to make a clever point about the Tories being best mates with communists and the massive irony that this presents. I just don't think he's got the personality to pull it off.

f***ing hell :lol:

Osborne's reaction, where he has McDonnell for toast, which you clearly missed:

It's obvious that he was trying to make a clever point about the Tories being best mates with communists and the massive irony that this presents. I just don't think he's got the personality to pull it off.
This.

It was like watching someone with severe personality deficit disorder trying to do a witty speech at a leaving do. Someone like Tom Watson could probably have pulled it off, even Miliband the Younger would have made a better fist of it.

Open goal missed there, I'm afraid.

This.

It was like watching someone with severe personality deficit disorder trying to do a witty speech at a leaving do. Someone like Tom Watson could probably have pulled it off, even Miliband the Younger would have made a better fist of it.

Open goal missed there, I'm afraid.
It reminded me of a really embarrassing best mans speech at the last wedding I was at where he said the groom thought German women were smelly. We had a German lass at our table.

Read the pathetic excuses from Corbynistas in the comments section...:rolleyes::lol:
I had a quick glance and for what I think is the first time since the leadership election, the antis outnumbered the Corbyn fans.

f***ing hell :lol:

Osborne's reaction, where he has McDonnell for toast, which you clearly missed:

Yeah that bit wasn't on my video , decent come back but it's all sparring really , no damage done to Mac ..only in the minds of those that need to see it.
I am reasonably pleased with the front bench working their way into feeling confident enough to dare things like this . Long road many more statements , learning curve for all. Not Armageddon.

Yeah that bit wasn't on my video , decent come back but it's all sparring really , no damage done to Mac ..only in the minds of those that need to see it.
I am reasonably pleased with the front bench working their way into feeling confident enough to dare things like this . Long road many more statements , learning curve for all. Not Armageddon.

:lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Seriously? You were impressed by the front bench today?

I wanted Osborne to fail today but fuck me even ed would have been better than Mac. Hope the subs are worth it

I wanted Osborne to fail today but fuck me even ed would have been better than Mac. Hope the subs are worth it
No man of course he wasn't ;). That's just his persona for on here.

I was just speaking to someone who asked me what McDonnell had done, to which I said, "He went completely insane, pulled a copy of Chairman Mao's Red Book from his pocket, and preceded to quote from it before throwing it at Osborne during the Autumn Statement."

I've since re-read that back to myself about seventeen times whilst shaking my head in disbelief. It's actually so bizarre, it's almost like some shit you'd expect on The League of Gentleman.

I don't need to be impressed, the Tories have had their arse handed to them on policy . That's real effect , everyone seems to want to talk about an abscence of slickness /froth from Labour . There is more real opposition to come , this is not just being played out for TV, it's a side show not the main event ." The revolution will not be televised " as the song goes .

No man of course he wasn't ;). That's just his persona for on here.
Yay , I have made it , I have a persona ;):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back