babies in pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fulwell76

I have a new baby, 11 weeks old this weekend. We normally go abroad for our holiday but this year thought it would be too much hassle so decided to stay in UK. We have just been to Whitby for the last 3 nights. On our last night we went decided to go for a drink before our tea. This was about 5pm. So me, wife, 6 yo and new baby went to the pub for drink. We took a travel bingo and the 3 of us played that at the table while we had a drink. Baby was asleep so we decided to squeeze one more in. Almost as soon as drinks hit the table baby started kicking off. I got up carried her around, she settled a bit then went into kickoff mode again. We decided to quit while we were slightly ahead and leave. 6 yo had to go to the toilet first so wife took her. They were ages. Maybe 10 mins all the while baby was really going for it and crying. I was doing my best to calm her but nothing was working. Then a 50-60 yo woman from across the pub turned around from her table and screamed at me 'maybe if you take IT home IT will stop crying.". Couldn't believe someone could be so rude. I wanted to rip her f***ing head off but was looking after my child so ignored her. The woman then got up and flounced out of the pub. I'd it just me or is that disgraceful behaviour?

I have a new baby, 11 weeks old this weekend. We normally go abroad for our holiday but this year thought it would be too much hassle so decided to stay in UK. We have just been to Whitby for the last 3 nights. On our last night we went decided to go for a drink before our tea. This was about 5pm. So me, wife, 6 yo and new baby went to the pub for drink. We took a travel bingo and the 3 of us played that at the table while we had a drink. Baby was asleep so we decided to squeeze one more in. Almost as soon as drinks hit the table baby started kicking off. I got up carried her around, she settled a bit then went into kickoff mode again. We decided to quit while we were slightly ahead and leave. 6 yo had to go to the toilet first so wife took her. They were ages. Maybe 10 mins all the while baby was really going for it and crying. I was doing my best to calm her but nothing was working. Then a 50-60 yo woman from across the pub turned around from her table and screamed at me 'maybe if you take IT home IT will stop crying.". Couldn't believe someone could be so rude. I wanted to rip her f***ing head off but was looking after my child so ignored her. The woman then got up and flounced out of the pub. I'd it just me or is that disgraceful behaviour?
Neither are right really. Pubs are not for children nor babies and adults should have the right to go to a pub and not be plagued by children. They might be trying to relax away from children themselves. However you did the right thing by trying to leave - perhaps you could have gone outside whilst awaiting the rest of your family? She was rude in the way she spoke to you when a quiet word could have sufficed.

Neither are right really. Pubs are not for children nor babies and adults should have the right to go to a pub and not be plagued by children. They might be trying to relax away from children themselves. However you did the right thing by trying to leave - perhaps you could have gone outside whilst awaiting the rest of your family? She was rude in the way she spoke to you when a quiet word could have sufficed.
A quiet word? Wished she tried to have a quiet word with me like, the daft twat.plaqued by children? Dear me.

I would have but the table had my phone on and all our stuff that I couldn't have easily cleared. Suprised at your view tbh. Surely even new parents on holiday are allowed to have a drink in a pub before dinner otherwise why do pubs advertise themselves S family friendly. ..High chairs, colouring in etc.

Reactions: U22
I would have but the table had my phone on and all our stuff that I couldn't have easily cleared. Suprised at your view tbh. Surely even new parents on holiday are allowed to have a drink in a pub before dinner otherwise why do pubs advertise themselves S family friendly. ..High chairs, colouring in etc.
Any fucker called my little un "it" and I,d fill me boots.cheeky twats.

No problems with family friendly pubs in holiday areas at all. You asked for opinions - I can see both sides. You did everything right except for perhaps not leaving whilst you awaited for your six year old. She was wrong for shouting at you and your baby - she could have spoken to you politely.

Why do you think that you have the divine right to do everything you did when you were childless now that you have a child?

I barely saw the inside of a pub till I was about 15 or 16. It's the absolute last place I could think of my folks taking us when we were nippers. Same for cinemas, libraries, churches (except baptisms of course!) and various other places not conducive to crying infants. I realise times have changed and there are kid friendly places and whacky warehouses or whatever, but judging by the heffa's reaction I'm guessing this was not that kind of place.

People need to understand that when they have a bairn, particularly at the crying infant stage, that they're gonna have to make adjustments in their lives and might not be able to do all the things they did when they were childless.

No problems with family friendly pubs in holiday areas at all. You asked for opinions - I can see both sides. You did everything right except for perhaps not leaving whilst you awaited for your six year old. She was wrong for shouting at you and your baby - she cold have spoken to you politely.
You said ours are no places for children.
Any fucker called my little un "it" and I,d fill me boots.cheeky twats.
Funny, we took IT home and IT still kicked off. It's what babies do sometimes and there's nothing you can do.

No problems with family friendly pubs in holiday areas at all. You asked for opinions - I can see both sides. You did everything right except for perhaps not leaving whilst you awaited for your six year old. She was wrong for shouting at you and your baby - she cold have spoken to you politely.
No, the vinegar tits whinging probably never had kids.

The last thing anyone needs, after a week at work, is a baby screaming .......... it's a horrible noise for a good reason.

It's God's way of telling the parents that their selfishness is spoiling everyone's relaxation and enjoyment.

A pub is where people go to avoid their own kids, not to listen to other people's.

I never inflicted mine on other people.

Why do you think that you have the divine right to do everything you did when you were childless now that you have a child?

I barely saw the inside of a pub till I was about 15 or 16. It's the absolute last place I could think of my folks taking us when we were nippers. Same for cinemas, libraries, churches (except baptisms of course!) and various other places not conducive to crying infants. I realise times have changed and there are kid friendly places and whacky warehouses or whatever, but judging by the heffa's reaction I'm guessing this was not that kind of place.

People need to understand that when they have a bairn, particularly at the crying infant stage, that they're gonna have to make adjustments in their lives and might not be able to do all the things they did when they were childless.
It was a wetherspoons. They have high chairs. Kids menus. Crayons. Colouring in sheets. Before I had kids I would go there on the lash. No I have kids I went there for two drinks before tea whilst playing games.

You said ours are no places for children.

Funny, we took IT home and IT still kicked off. It's what babies do sometimes and there's nothing you can do.
Agree mate. I've been there, believe me.flights are the worst. Judging by some wankers on here mind,you can't go on holiday til ya kids are 15 or 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back