babies in pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I struggle to understand how people can get annoyed with kids crying on planes. Talk about 1st world problems :lol:

I used to have to travel loads with work to the U.S, and kids crying was never the issue. Pissed idiots on the other hand......

Why do you think babies cry?

My wife went to some classes where this came up.
They were told which ones don't harm the teeth and which do (the old fashioned Brown teat ones especially)

Our baby likes hers to get to sleep with. She rarely ever cries, so we've never really used it for that.
It originally got used for a different, and bloody good, reason, which I won't go into.

Don't judge to quickly.

I'm allowed to dislike them and I do.
I'm sorry if your child required one through medical reasons but I have to say I find them hideous.

You breast feed your nieces and nephews ? :eek:
Obviously not.

I'm allowed to dislike them and I do.
I'm sorry if your child required one through medical reasons but I have to say I find them hideous.
Of course you're allowed to dislike them. We didn't plan to use them, but things happen.
But as I said, the wife did go to a session where the healthworkers advised them which were tooth-safe and which ones to avoid.

If there's one thing I've learned since being a dad, its that there isn't one single right answer - you have to find your own way through.

Now I read that back, I even sound like a dad :)

Of course you're allowed to dislike them. We didn't plan to use them, but things happen.
But as I said, the wife did go to a session where the healthworkers advised them which were tooth-safe and which ones to avoid.

If there's one thing I've learned since being a dad, its that there isn't one single right answer - you have to find your own way through.

and as a mam I agree 100% , you never get two kids the same and what may have been fine for one doesn't work for their sibling

I just think we copy our parents and tweek a bit.

If there's one thing I've learned since being a dad, its that there isn't one single right answer - you have to find your own w
And everyone else thinks they know the right way too.

With regards to dummies, my youngest two love theirs. The eldest wasn't interested. They don't bother me, except the cost of constantly replacing them.

and as a mam I agree 100% , you never get two kids the same and what may have been fine for one doesn't work for their sibling
This!

This sort of thing happens because you're not allowed to smack your kids anymore when they misbehave fuck off I'm joking

I am so considerate of others. I would genuinely have left the pub had my wife been there and I was expecting her back at any minute but she took 10. I was amazed that someone would be so aggrieved to turn around and shout at a situation of clear distress. It was honestly a family pub choc full of families. Whitby was rammed this week. It wasn't your normal Lambton Worm on a Friday night. It was a holiday pub. Imagine it on your hols in Spain at 5pm. Thats what it was like. It was our hols in whitby at 5pm. Genuinely suprised by some of the comments as I thought this woman was a bit nuts but hey you live and learn. Night all.
I would not worry about it mate. To be honest, me heart goes out to you as it is really stressful when a baby cries. I suppose that is what the noise is designed for. As you have stated, you wanted to leave but circumstances beyond your control prevented this. That must have added to the old stress levels. The woman that shouted was out of order. Fair enough, she may have wanted a quiet drink. However, if she had of talked to you she would have realised you wanted out of there as soon as you possibly could. Done nowt wrong, mate. However, I took my five week old baby (four years ago) to the cinema. It was a baby friendly day at Tyneside Cinema, mind!

Didn't take my son out of the country until he was four and never went near a pub except the odd Sunday meet up with in laws in restaurant pub type setting at lunch time
In both cases I thought of myself and others and it would be great to say they're just moaners but I saw the grief you got coming before it arrived and didn't want the hassle.
They'll have been others huffing and puffing and rolling eyes without saying nowt and for the sake of a drink why bother .Remember when my wife was pregnant and I had to travel for work ,I had a toddler screaming non stop on both flights and again thought being the parents would be stressful as owt just for your week in the sun .

Should've given the daft twat a mouthful.

I love taking the bairns to the pub to nark the fuck out of the punters, let them run round screaming, f***ing people's pool games up etc

And I love to see the faces of the locals when our lass gets her tit out to feed the youngest. That really makes them uncomfortable!
The youngest is her pet name for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back