Back to back wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

For "job done" see "not really good players therefore inconsistent by their very nature".

It's very clear that its effort rather than talent that's lacking. We won last week so I'm ok to sack it off this week and get away with it. A manager shouldn't have to expend effort to get them to graft, he's there to channel that work into performances.

It's very clear that its effort rather than talent that's lacking. We won last week so I'm ok to sack it off this week and get away with it. A manager shouldn't have to expend effort to get them to graft, he's there to channel that work into performances.

You're living in the past ...... this is a new manager who won't tolerate that shit ;)

You're living in the past ...... this is a new manager who won't tolerate that shit ;)

What, again? ;) hopefully. What I do think is that Sam probably has the most experience with shirkers out of our recent managers so he'll have more tricks up his sleeve.

It's 90 mins of footy. You play what's in front of you and see what happens at the end of it. I can remember walking up to roker as a 13 year old fully expecting us to win every game. It's taken many years of hard knocks to get that out of my system, but do you know what it never really goes away. I know I'm not alone in this in spite of what is said. Otherwise why bother going? It's not expectation any more though just hope, and like @janey says ITHICS.
HAAAWAY THE LADS.

A 3-1 win for us (again) would be ironic, last year this win was good enough to put us within spittin' distance of the top half of the table.

From the media last year:
" After seeing just five goals all season, they had witnessed three in an afternoon - and a grinning Poyet cut a delighted figure on the touchline.
The deserved victory allowed Sunderland to leapfrog Stoke and move towards the top half of the table."

Tomorrow is a huge opportunity. Norwich are playing Arsenal on Sunday, Newcastle are away at Palace. A win could see us outside the bottom 3 after the weekend is done; hugely important considering upcoming fixtures:

• Sunderland - Stoke (h), Arsenal (a), Watford (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (a)
  • Newcastle - Palace (a), Liverpool (h), Spurs (a), Villa (h), Everton (h)
  • Norwich - Arsenal (h), Watford (a), Everton (h), Man Utd (a), Tottenham (a)
I don't see many points in there for any of the 3 sides (Newcastle also have back-to-back games at Arsenal & Man Utd shortly after those fixtures). Therefore, getting our noses in front of the 2 could be vital to simply keeping pace during a hard run. Stoke & Watford need to yield points for us.

Tomorrow is a huge opportunity. Norwich are playing Arsenal on Sunday, Newcastle are away at Palace. A win could see us outside the bottom 3 after the weekend is done; hugely important considering upcoming fixtures:

• Sunderland - Stoke (h), Arsenal (a), Watford (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (a)
  • Newcastle - Palace (a), Liverpool (h), Spurs (a), Villa (h), Everton (h)
  • Norwich - Arsenal (h), Watford (a), Everton (h), Man Utd (a), Tottenham (a)
I don't see many points in there for any of the 3 sides (Newcastle also have back-to-back games at Arsenal & Man Utd shortly after those fixtures). Therefore, getting our noses in front of the 2 could be vital to simply keeping pace during a hard run. Stoke & Watford need to yield points for us.

I'm so sure Palace will stomp all over the mags this weekend, else give up SMB til the new year.

Vit
[QUOTE="janey, post: 21764221, member: 12307especially ]what a difference that would make. Haway the lads[/QUOTE]
Vital if we are to start moving out of trouble ,especially with our December fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back