Barbour Outlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's all luck in my experience, have loads of choice sometimes, then nowt others. Nee good if you're a fatty either.

Its shit marra........the only gear that is on cheap is the outlandishly horrible colours and strange styles. The proper, decent gear is full price......mebbes 5% off
5% is better than nowt.

It's all luck in my experience, have loads of choice sometimes, then nowt others. Nee good if you're a fatty either.
I'm a medium so nee worries there.

This, although not sure about the fatties bit.
But will bow down to jambezz superior knowledge as probably from his personal experience;)

Its shit marra........the only gear that is on cheap is the outlandishly horrible colours and strange styles. The proper, decent gear is full price......mebbes 5% off

That's not true at all fortunately. I have a navy wax jacket and a longer green wax jacket both £99.

Its great if you're 5'4", 18 stone and need a coat

@Beagles

Mine are size M, 40-42 chest.

If you go at the right time then you will find samples and stuff which has been used in shows. Now is not the right time

I went a couple weeks ago for a coat and all they had were these sleeping bag looking ones for 150 quid, I remember when all they did was work jumpers

I went earlier this year and was sort of surprised at some of the stuff that Barbour make. I always had it down as a very traditional brand and that all their products were quite understated and authentic, but they don't half make some chavvy crap as well. Bright pink puffa jackets and other stuff that wouldn't look out of place in TopShop or something. Mind you, the fact that the outlet section was swimming in that stuff probably shows how badly it all sold, a brief experiment into something different maybe?

And for OP, it's really pot luck. You might walk out with a real bargain on a jacket exactly like you want, or you might find the outlet section is full of XXXXXL/XXXXXS jackets in styles you'd never buy in a million years. Definitely worth a look in though anyway.

I went earlier this year and was sort of surprised at some of the stuff that Barbour make. I always had it down as a very traditional brand and that all their products were quite understated and authentic, but they don't half make some chavvy crap as well. Bright pink puffa jackets and other stuff that wouldn't look out of place in TopShop or something. Mind you, the fact that the outlet section was swimming in that stuff probably shows how badly it all sold, a brief experiment into something different maybe?

And for OP, it's really pot luck. You might walk out with a real bargain on a jacket exactly like you want, or you might find the outlet section is full of XXXXXL/XXXXXS jackets in styles you'd never buy in a million years. Definitely worth a look in though anyway.

I think this is what @Sebasaurus II really picked up from the factory shop marra. He comes across as a bit of a poster boy for 'War On Want'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back