Barry Glendenning on the Chelsea game

Status
Not open for further replies.

The below is from a piece when he was doing the transfer day deadline updates - looks about right to me ;)

An observation:
Outside Newcastle’s training ground, Sky reporter David Craig is surrounded by young lads who are spending the final days of their school holidays gurning and waving into his camera, occasionally making rude hand gestures and sporting controversial boy-band haircuts.

A few miles south, Keith Downie is standing outside Sunderland’s training ground, where some older boys with neat side-partings, who are probably on their way to register for university courses, are standing a respectful distance behind him with their hands by their sides, listening intently.

Wilson knows his football though, Glendenning to me doesn't seem to have a clue what he's talking about on the FW podcast, he often speaks in cliché's and some of the comments he's made about SAFC suggest that he rarely ever watches us. He's there to provide a bit of humour I suppose, but I'd rather they just binned him off and put another journo on to discuss the games.
He's pretty open about being a fairweather fan - in fact he's pretty open about not being a major football expert. He's good fun though and is a great stooge for AC Jimbo. Some of the other lads on there can be utterly tedious - especially that scouser who changed his name to Bukowski or something!

I love his dry and sticks taking the piss attitude on the podcast:lol:

What do you call the fella that gets on there who changed his second name to his wife's when they got married?

How 'right on' can you get man:lol::lol:
:lol: got there before me! He's a right miserable git anarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back