Bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advocaat was manager of AZ Alkmaar and Serbia only last year.

O'Neill had a better record than Allardyce.

Is Allardyce not way past his best then?
Depends heavily on whether he's got the appetite for another big challenge. He spent his way out of the shit at West Ham but he won't be able to do that here. He was also under less pressure there as they were in the championship when he took over.

Depends heavily on whether he's got the appetite for another big challenge. He spent his way out of the shit at West Ham but he won't be able to do that here. He was also under less pressure there as they were in the championship when he took over.

The worst think we can do is offer him a 3 year contract.

If Allardyce is the only option, we surely have to offer him a short term contract with a major bonus if we stay up. It's surely the only way to keep him interested and give him a sufficient driver to succeed. That said, he'll probably already have more money than sense.

Both Dick and MON haven't/won't manage at serious club level again. We got the right men but they were way past their best (which is why we got them in all probability).
All conjecture. Where are the facts to back this up? Define 'rotten'. Three of the four cited have all been awarded new contracts since they initially arrived. If they were so 'rotten' (whatever this entails) then why were their contracts extended and not allowed to expire? Or are they rotten because you read it on here and assume it must be the case

You are quite correct ,I'm basing my opinion on conjecture and items seen in news reports etc.
Can you offer an alternative reason for the Jeckle and Hyde performances. That first half was some of the best football I have seen from a Sunderland side for years . What other reason can there be than the players suiting themselves when the turn it on .
We have seen utter dross and lack of heart from the very same players this season. What motivated them to play so well in that first half?

Not sure what happened there . None of the content of my post has appeared.

All conjecture. Where are the facts to back this up? Define 'rotten'. Three of the four cited have all been awarded new contracts since they initially arrived. If they were so 'rotten' (whatever this entails) then why were their contracts extended and not allowed to expire? Or are they rotten because you read it on here and assume it must be the case?

If there is not something wrong with certain players attitudes ,how do explain there Jeckle and Hyde performances .
Terrific football against West Ham ,particularly that first half ,to utter capitulation in other games this season ,from mainly the same players .
Something motivated them yesterday ,I hope who ever takes the job can get them to do it every week.

Last edited:
We now know that that first half display was a result of the players knowing Dick was going.
So these fuckers can play if they want to .the problem is they can't motivate themselves for more than 45 minutes or at best the last 6 games of the season.
Who ever is our next manager I hope he recognises this and gets the backing from Short to get rid of the main culprits.
Wishful thinking ,I know but I would rather go down playing the kids ,than put more money in the pockets of these parasites.
We've been saying that since Keano's day man. Nowt changes. :)

Assuming that we do have a good enough squad to stay up, which has to be questionable given we are already effectively 6 points from safety, then I think people underestimate how hard it is to motivate and man manage the modern day footballer.

They are all on long lucrative contracts. They are all made for life. They all have stunning wives, huge houses, all the assets they could even want etc. So getting them to give that extra 10% on the pitch and training ground is crucial. People in this thread say that we can stay up with a decent manager....IMO we've had a load of them in recent times and they've all failed. Big Dick has been there, seen it and done it over a long career. Him walking away for me is a very worrying sign of the lack of both quality but also desire in the squad.

Whoever comes in has to be a man manager and motivator as a number 1 criteria for me.

We now know that that first half display was a result of the players knowing Dick was going.
So these fuckers can play if they want to .the problem is they can't motivate themselves for more than 45 minutes or at best the last 6 games of the season.
Who ever is our next manager I hope he recognises this and gets the backing from Short to get rid of the main culprits.
Wishful thinking ,I know but I would rather go down playing the kids ,than put more money in the pockets of these parasuites.
Managers have been saying it for years. Still some common denominators left.

We have had chance after chance to get rid of the old guard. We have handed new deals to the likes of O'Shea, Brown, Larsson and Cattermole in the last 15 months. :lol: f***ing laughable.

If Fletcher gets a new deal then I'm done.
Couldn't agree more about fletcher.

We have had chance after chance to get rid of the old guard. We have handed new deals to the likes of O'Shea, Brown, Larsson and Cattermole in the last 15 months. :lol: f***ing laughable.

If Fletcher gets a new deal then I'm done.
Couldn't agree more about fletcher.

Wishful thinking ,I know but I would rather go down playing the kids ,than put more money in the pockets of these parasites.

Well it will be a first from Short and Co, as it seems the players have the power at this club

If this is the case the fuckers need to lose their wages since the start of the season. f***ing disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back