BBC news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of the BBC and the news is usually very informative but at times it dumbs down to simpleton levels.
Why do they feel the need to interview neighbours to see how shocked they are when there's been a murder?
3 children have died, possibly murdered and apparently it's a quiet street so the neighbours are shocked and "wouldn't expect it." What value does that bring to the news? Surely nobody would expect to have children murdered in their street.

I suppose being a state broadcaster that people have no choice but to fund even if they don't watch, they're compelled to make television accessible to all, which means good, complex news pieces from the likes of Robert Peston but also ridiculous vox pops from people whose own families wouldn't even listen to

3 poor children killed - they didn't need to interview neighbours, I think it will come out that the lady has had a mental episode and snapped tbh :cry:

The one commenting about the fact the house had been refurbished was ridiculous

Saying how they'd spent a lot of money doing the house up since they came over from South Africa? Same comments were printed in the Evening Standard. Proper crackers.

I suppose being a state broadcaster that people have no choice but to fund even if they don't watch, they're compelled to make television accessible to all, which means good, complex news pieces from the likes of Robert Peston but also ridiculous vox pops from people whose own families wouldn't even listen to
:evil:
I take back anything positive I said about BBC news, that bloke is an absolute shitehawk. He can't even speak properly.

Piss off man. :evil: If I didn't know you better I'd say you were a wum.

BBC standards have slipped over the years, dumbed down news, spelling mistakes on the website etc.

I'm a fan of the BBC and the news is usually very informative but at times it dumbs down to simpleton levels.
Why do they feel the need to interview neighbours to see how shocked they are when there's been a murder?
3 children have died, possibly murdered and apparently it's a quiet street so the neighbours are shocked and "wouldn't expect it." What value does that bring to the news? Surely nobody would expect to have children murdered in their street.

Sky news is even worse with that Kay Burley.

Woah man, calm it @RestlessNatives @HellsBells

I've always thought Peston was a clever bloke. Then again I know at least one of you two works in that sector so I could be wrong as I'm not that good with my economics.

He might be clever but can't speak which is a hindrance in relation to his choice of employment. He should match his skills to a more appropriate occupation.

As for the OP, the BBC are as melodramatic as all the others. Interviewing the locals after such an event is ridiculous. Who wouldn't be shocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back