Ben Nevis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blimey, you must be fit as owt. I think we're doing a few days walking in Scotland in a couple of weeks since she won't go ski-ing anymore. Love walking in the Grampians. We did 3 days the other year and never saw one other person.
Not a mountain walk but still a stunning walk is a walk along Glen Nevis up to the upper falls and gorge .Anyone done that walk

Aye. Do that then ride your bike down. Not for the faint hearted or unskilled though. Unfortunately, I was both.
Its a mountain bike downhill world championship course that .Would love to have a blast but higher forces ban me from doing it .:oops::lol:

Did the cable car years ago when my boys were little and really enjoyed it. There's a post box in the shop at the top that is the highest post box in the UK. I only remember as they insisted on buying and sending a card to my parents so they could use it :lol:

Not a mountain walk but still a stunning walk is a walk along Glen Nevis up to the upper falls and gorge .Anyone done that walk

Its a mountain bike downhill world championship course that .Would love to have a blast but higher forces ban me from doing it .:oops::lol:
I've ridden that track loads, I'd be there most summer weekends when I lived up in Scotland.

It's hard work to ride, one of the most physically demanding downhill tracks in the world but great fun.

Done the walk along Glen Nevis and up to Steall Falls a couple of times. Great views and a mental wire bridge across the river!
Done the 'tourist track' up Ben Nevis as well on a couple of occasions - really want to climb it via the CMD arete next.

Any peak over 3000 feet - there's 276 (from memory).

More specifically a hill of more than 3,000 feet in Scotland.

I think I will stick to the Wainwrights, done 181 out 214 of those with the latest one last week involving 'walking' through a stream that was up to my knees and then having to do it again in reverse on the way back.

There are loads of hill classifications, such as the Munros, Wainwrights, Deweys, Corbetts, Grahams, Birketts, Trumps, Humps and the Marilyns. The Marilyns are hills that have a prominence of 150 metres regardless of actual height and the name was coined to tie up with the Munros.

Last edited:
More specifically a hill of more than 3,000 feet in Scotland.

I think I will stick to the Wainwrights, done 181 out 214 of those with the latest one last week involving 'walking' through a stream that was up to my knees and then having to do it again in reverse on the way back.

There are loads of hill classifications, such as the Munros, Wainwrights, Deweys, Corbetts, Grahams, Birketts, Trumps, Humps and the Marilyns. The Marilyns are hills that have a prominence of 150 metres regardless of actual height and the name was coined to tie up with the Munros.
Which one did you do last week mate?

Did the tourist track last year. Its tough going like, don't take it lightly. Takes about 4 hours to the top and a similar amount back. Never felt so tired in my life and when I got home the next day my legs muscles were so fucked I had to drag myself with my arms up the stairs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back